Look at this house(trashed)

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
I used to service the pool and hot tub at this(rental cottage) house in Rodanthe, North Carolina. It was built in 2003 and was good ways from the ocean. 5 years of nor-easters and its trashed. I was watching the waves break right in the house. It WAS a 6 bedroom 6 bath house. The house right beside it is next.

fallenhousepic5.jpg
[/IMG]

fallenhousepic4.jpg
[/IMG]

fallenhousepic3.gif

fallenhousepic2.jpg
[/IMG]

fallenhousepic1.gif

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
how come thy didnt try and move it if the ocean was getting so close? hope they have insurance

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I honestly don't have a whole lot of sympathy for that.

This is just like the people around here who build their homes right on the banks of the Mississippi and whine and complain every year when the river floods and basically destroys their home...

1QIK-SNK

Established Member

This is just like the people around here who build their homes right on the banks of the Mississippi and whine and complain every year when the river floods and basically destroys their home...

Thats why my house is about 3 miles from the ocean.

GTSSTANG

Established Member
Here in South Florida the beaches around my house were wiped out overnight with just on tropical storm... Not much you can do at the moment it is happening.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Considering it's on almost a 45 degree angle, I'm really impressed at how intact and rigid looking the house still is. It appears you could use a huge crane and upright it and it would be fine. I doubt it, but that's what it looks like.

I mean, if someone was inside of that, they would have survived. Very impressive.

SpittingCobra

Established Member

True but this is likely due to other manmade structures like seawalls etc. that disrupt the winter/summer beach profile to the point where you permanently lose sand. Homes on stilts like that are not the cause of this.

You can't really compare floodplain with coastal morphology, they're two different things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread