Looking at an '03 Focus

Dan SS2471

Established Member
20,xxx miles. Euro Package. 5yr/100,000 warranty. Winter rim/tire package sitting on 16s. He's asking 13k. Average private party value is 11,5 - 12k. Do they not take into account the Euro package? I guess what I'm asking is if this seems like a fair asking price. This is in NJ.

Thanks,

Dan

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
You can prolly cut him cheaper then that..
What color is the car?
winter rim/tire package?
Stock rims are 17s...
Lol, where at in Jersey?

Primaris

Established Member
Remember the euro package was a $3,400 option. I think 13k sounds more than fair. But, that also depends on how bad you want those Recaro's. If it didn't have the euro package I don't think I would pay more than 11k.

Dan SS2471

Established Member
Lupuri said:
You can prolly cut him cheaper then that..
What color is the car?
winter rim/tire package?
Stock rims are 17s...
Lol, where at in Jersey?

Silver. Of course the 17s are included. The 16s (from a regular Focus) are for winter driving. Spare the 17s from all the nasty stuff here in NJ and stick them back on in the Spring. The reason I mentioned them is because they should be factored into the price. They're new.

Dan SS2471

Established Member
FORDSVTPARTS said:
Got a VIN? I can run the warranty repair history, sometimes gives a good idea how the car was treated.

I can get it. It's actually in the shop now getting two bent rims replaced because of some road debris he hit. I asked him if there was any suspension/body damage and he says the tie-rods are being replaced. It's at dealership so if the repair has been made, that would show up on the report. If I do decide to pursue it I'll see it in person to take a look at the body and look at the two rims that were replaced (along with the other two).

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
20K miles, but you can transfer the 5yr./100K warranty.

The extra set of Winter wheels/Tires are nice.

If he's asking 13K, my .02 says wave 12K in his face and see what happens!

This is the kind of car I was looking for, and couldn't find, before I bought mine new. Would've been perfectly satisfied with it!

Users who are viewing this thread