looking at buying a 98 SVTC

DocLips

Established Member
I'm a current Lightning owner and am expanding the family so I need more seats and want to stay with the SVT family. Other than the wiring harness issues and waterpump issues are there any other common issues with these? Also what is a good price to pay for one? it has 51k and appears to be unmolested. It's at a dealership in hagerstown, md for 6995.

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Those two are the biggest things I've heard about. Sunroof plastic gears stripping seems to be #3 on the list to watch out for. Ironically, I have #3 without #1 or #2.

Some seem to have issues with the plastic interior trim cracking a lot with age. I would venture a guess that is all in how it's been cared for over the years.

That seems like a 'normal' dealer price for a low milage car in good shape. I paid a little over $3500 for my '99 from a dealer about a month ago. It had a touch over 100K on the clock, though. It's got a few little things to fix that I was willing to overlook simply b/c I just needed a fun DD with four doors for the family - not a show car.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
51k get ready for the waterpump lol

might really check the 3rd gear synchros too.

Users who are viewing this thread