Looking for the Lowest Priced 2013 GT500's? Use these searches

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

bpmurr

Established Member
Yikes! It sucks options aren't holding any weight. The AutoTrader link is busted.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
Seems to me, the average enthusiast is buying these cars more for the power output and look of the car as opposed to the options available.

bpmurr

Established Member
Seems to me, the average enthusiast is buying these cars more for the power output and look of the car as opposed to the options available.

Agreed, however the options from Ford are pretty pricey so it sucks there is zero return looking at this sampling. It use to be you didn't get much of anything for aftermarket mods and now nothing for factory options.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yikes! It sucks options aren't holding any weight. The AutoTrader link is busted.

Fixed link

As for options... i said it all along... There was a reason i ordered a Base Recaro/Nav car. And then bought an SVTPP/Recaro car. SOME people and dealers will ask more. But brass tax.... they're not holding weight on the wholesale or retail market.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
SVTPP and Recaros will get you extra.

Glass Roof, Shaker Pro, Car Cover, Track Pack- these wont impact ROI

bpmurr

Established Member
SVTPP and Recaros will get you extra.

Glass Roof, Shaker Pro, Car Cover, Track Pack- these wont impact ROI

I know it kills me since I have everything but the Shaker Pro. I figured the Track Pack and Roof would also have had some value. The Nav not so much.

bpmurr

Established Member
All things considered the car is still holding it's value well considering we're coming to the end of the 14 model year for the Mustang. We all know that the Shelby's have been done for awhile now.

14ruby

Established Member
With some of these really high mileage cars, are we sure we are not looking at the original test cars that ford used. I know, a couple of months, after the 13 was released, my local dealer had a 13 sitting there with 7000 miles on it. . Having a lot of high mileage demo cars out there, could really skew what we are looking at, as non dealer sellers, would base their listings off what others are selling for. Or, I could be completely crazy, which is possible.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
With some of these really high mileage cars, are we sure we are not looking at the original test cars that ford used. I know, a couple of months, after the 13 was released, my local dealer had a 13 sitting there with 7000 miles on it. . Having a lot of high mileage demo cars out there, could really skew what we are looking at, as non dealer sellers, would base their listings off what others are selling for. Or, I could be completely crazy, which is possible.

The car is two years old.

I got my 2013 2 years ago may. 7k miles is nothing

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
You're looking at Lease cars most likely. Some are also high class Hertz rentals that rack up the mileage quickly.

search around. I'll tell you, I got my 2013 convertible with 600 miles with nav, shaker, recaros (no svtpp) for 52,000 OTD. 30 miles from my house in Lancaster PA. also 3 days before Christmas. They ordered the car for the owner, he died, they wanted it GONE. I wrote the check.

I really wanted a silver/red stripe convertible with red stripe seats and the svtpp/nav/recaro but the grabber blue has really grown on me. it really stands out and I get more compliments on the color vs what the car really is. most jus tthink it's a mustang until they look harder.

take your time. I looked at gt500's for over a year before I found a deal.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You're looking at Lease cars most likely. Some are also high class Hertz rentals that rack up the mileage quickly.

Ford didn't have a lease program for the GT500.

Hertz had their own rental mustangs- not GT500s. While it's possible there are a few Gt500s from rental fleets. I would imagine they wouldn't be from the large national brands- and their would, I would bet, be less than 20 or so of them. Very hard to insure these types of cars in rental fleets.

Most of the cars you're seeing coming up used now at people that owned them, and new has worn off. And they've moved onto something else.

The used cars you were seeing a year ago, were mostly out of the ford fleet. Driven by execs, taken to car shows etc.

14ruby

Established Member
Chris, I wasn't referring to the cars with 7 k on them, I was referring to the cars with 30 plus k on them. My reference to the 7k was from late 2012 when the 13 first became available, and this particular car already had 7 k on it. I can only hope to get to 30 thousand miles in the next 5 years.

Personally, I think a drop of 10 grand in value on a two year old car is amazing. 4 and 5 years out is where I would be paying attention a bit more. If after 5 years, I could still pull in 45-48, I will consider it a great buy. Time enjoyed factored in of course!!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris, I wasn't referring to the cars with 7 k on them, I was referring to the cars with 30 plus k on them. My reference to the 7k was from late 2012 when the 13 first became available, and this particular car already had 7 k on it. I can only hope to get to 30 thousand miles in the next 5 years.

Personally, I think a drop of 10 grand in value on a two year old car is amazing. 4 and 5 years out is where I would be paying attention a bit more. If after 5 years, I could still pull in 45-48, I will consider it a great buy. Time enjoyed factored in of course!!

Ok. I didn't understand your post then.

45-48k in 4-5 years for a low mileage one is possible.

The price/performance/etc. of a 2016 GT500 will have some effect on that I am sure

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I have never made money on a car. Buy it, use it like your favorite ex girlfriend and let the next guy worry about the mess.

Users who are viewing this thread