Looking to buy a lightning and need the pros input!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's hard to say. That's a lot of miles, it could be good for a long time to come or it might crap out in 10 miles. Was the truck modded? Has the blower been rebuilt (it may need it at that mileage)?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If it's been well maintained it still has a lot of life left in it. But at that mileage you'll be looking at other things failing, like wheel bearings, alternator, u joints, etc.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Depends upon one's definition of well maintained IMO. Nearing 200K on any gas engine is a high point. Regular oil/filter changes alone won't cut it, trans fluid/filter, brake fluid flush/refill, wheel bearing service, tie rods, ball joints, coolant, supercharger oil and so on all need to be serviced at set intervals for it to be considered well maintained in my book.

Fuel filter every 10K and spark plugs when needed are other things to look for. I'm not trying to scare you away from getting the most BAD ASS truck ever made, just make an informed decision so you don't regret it and end up hating the L due to another's poor maintenance.

Good luck and post pics when you get it!! :thumbsup:

FlaHP

Established Member
If you can get it to Gainesville I will look at it for ya.

A lot is based on price.

Are you fine with a stock truck or do you want to later mod?

Its not this one is it?
2000 Ford Turbo Lightning SVT

If I was in the market I would want 01 and up and I would rather pay another 4K-5K or more to get an 03-04 over a 99 or 00

You can also take it to Hurricane performance in Orange Park and Ask for Long Hair Jason. Tell him Jason with the Bullrun truck sent ya. He will be fair with an inspection and knows this trucks inside and out. They can be money pits if ya buy the wrong one.

Users who are viewing this thread