loss of power when S/C hits about 10 psi and then flutters

2003CobraThomas

Established Member
Thanks a whole lot guys! I am going to start with the plugs as soon as I get home and I am also going to check the coils. Cause with all of the intake upgrades I have done and no ignition upgrades, I am really leaning toward ignition being the problem.
Thanks again for all of the great ideas!

2003CobraThomas

Established Member
So the plugs and coils weren't the problem. Gonna have it re-tuned this week but I dont think thats gonna help. Does anyone know about that boost bypass valve? I really think it's a problem with the supercharger.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Inter cooler pump! Let it run for 10 mins, open the IC Resorvoir and see if its swirling. If not the pumps not engaging. Tap it to see if it starts working. Either way best to replace it.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Make sure you check the hose going to the map sensor. Mine was rotted out where the plastic barb coupling is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Don't know if it's same as a turbo setup, but my snowmobile would do this while building boost. Ended up being a carb boot wasn't holding up under pressure. So maybe some type of gasket/ hose leak? So as your stuffing boost into intake, there is a weakness some where. Maybe some one is more familiar with this than I am

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I had a similar situation a few years back, and it turned out to be one of my cats going south, restricting exhaust flow at higher RPM.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Not plugs, coils, or i/c pump? Did u check all vaccum lines? What is ur a/f looking like when at wot? Is this a new tune and set up? Or just started doing recently? Need to datalog it for sure.

2003CobraThomas

Established Member
.052-.056 gap. I havent checked all of the lines yet. Once it gets warm out, I am gonna tear into it and check everything. I tried all of the simple fixes so hopefully it is just a hose leak. It only happens above 8 lbs. And it's not a new tune, I have had this tune since last summer. And yeah, it just started happening recently. But like I said before, it only does this above 8 lbs, in all gears.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Wondering if your running out of fuel? Have you checked you FPDC? What are you running a BAP or actually pumps? Also look into your FRPS, it could be going bad?

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
.052-.056 gap. I havent checked all of the lines yet. Once it gets warm out, I am gonna tear into it and check everything. I tried all of the simple fixes so hopefully it is just a hose leak. It only happens above 8 lbs. And it's not a new tune, I have had this tune since last summer. And yeah, it just started happening recently. But like I said before, it only does this above 8 lbs, in all gears.

I would close up that gap to around .032-.034 with your 2.81 pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread