Lowering Spring Opinions

2001stngGT

Established Member
Hey guys...I want everyones honest opinion on the best lowering springs..for ride quality and stance...and also what components should go with lowering the mustang...I already have MM caster/camber plates..just no springs to go with..so any opinions would be very helpful..would like personal experiences with the springs..and pictures would be very good too

Keith Stone

Banned
H&R SS w/o iso's

2w5397o.jpg

WOH HRSY

Established Member
You have good taste Silver03tt :beer:

I have C-Springs and Tokico Blues but I'm going to switch to H&R SuperSports eventually.

ScottsdaleCruiseEdit2.gif

silver03tt

Established Member
You have good taste Silver03tt :beer:

I have C-Springs and Tokico Blues but I'm going to switch to H&R SuperSports eventually.

ScottsdaleCruiseEdit2.gif

Hey, what do you know? Almost twins. lol
I was thinking of painting my calipers over the winter and after seeing yours I think I will. Looks great. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WOH HRSY

Established Member
Hey, what do you know? Almost twins. lol
I was thinking of painting my calipers over the winter and after seeing yours I think I will. Looks great. :thumbsup:

Haha that was my thought when I saw your car. And with the suspension change and side skirts I planned they'll get a little closer too. I have the Bullitt front brake upgrade so only my front calipers are red, but it does set it off really nicely, I say go for it. Yours looks great as well!

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Hey guys...I want everyones honest opinion on the best lowering springs..for ride quality and stance...and also what components should go with lowering the mustang...I already have MM caster/camber plates..just no springs to go with..so any opinions would be very helpful..would like personal experiences with the springs..and pictures would be very good too

Let's just say I did more than neccesary. I did the springs, c/c plates, bilsteins all around, bumpsteer kit, & x2 balljoints. This was not cheap though.

spike_africa

Established Member
Best ride while being lower would lean me to the Ford C springs or just the Sport H&R springs not the super sports which are much firmer, granted they are lower. However I dont wanna scrape my car all over so 1.5" drop would be max for me.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Wow, there are some very nice looking New Edge Mustangs in here. Anyways, when you lower your car make sure you get the best dampers you can afford. Springs will help with body roll, and stance. Dampers(Shocks/Struts) will help your car handle extremely well if you get the right ones to match your springs.

I like the Tockico Blues, but if you want a little edge on adjustablility then I'd get Tockico Illumina's. Of course if you don't care about adjustability, and aren't bothered by price then I'd get Bilsteins to match your springs.

2001stngGT

Established Member
Got the h&r ss springs...and I love them...ride quality is 100 times better than the sportlines...the car does sit a little higher but it is not very noticable

Users who are viewing this thread