MAC long tubes and A/C line

Mooseman0

Established Member
U got lucky haha. Just installed my macs few weeks ago. I wouldn't have noticed w.o pre searching and reading. Looked down in, sure enough my ac line was chilling on the runner. Pulled it up and its a few inches away now. Thanks svtp for preventing this for me

A.T

Established Member
U got lucky haha. Just installed my macs few weeks ago. I wouldn't have noticed w.o pre searching and reading. Looked down in, sure enough my ac line was chilling on the runner. Pulled it up and its a few inches away now. Thanks svtp for preventing this for me

Agreed.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
This just happened to me 15 mins ago :bash:

Geez Louis, you can't cut a break with your car lately.
Did you get the K issue worked out?
It's pretty amazing how much smoke there is when a hot header is sprayed with freon and compressor oil.

We still have a VMP TVS on the shelf with your name on it if you would stop breaking stuff!!!!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I thought mine was cool but it was touching and i saw greenish fluid all over. Gotta admit it scared the shit out of me for a second until i saw the hole in the line lol. Guess i'll be ordering a new line from Steve.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
mine blew out on the dyno a couple months back.. when i installed the new line, i noticed that you have to route the line just right so it sits inside the frame rail before you bolt it to the condenser. I just had my ac refilled today.. i sure missed it!!! lol

just make sure it fits tight up against the pass strut tower, and the line is laying inside the frame rail.. this should solve the problem..

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
mine blew out on the dyno a couple months back.. when i installed the new line, i noticed that you have to route the line just right so it sits inside the frame rail before you bolt it to the condenser. I just had my ac refilled today.. i sure missed it!!! lol

just make sure it fits tight up against the pass strut tower, and the line is laying inside the frame rail.. this should solve the problem..

I will keep this in mind.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Geez Louis, you can't cut a break with your car lately.
Did you get the K issue worked out?
It's pretty amazing how much smoke there is when a hot header is sprayed with freon and compressor oil.

We still have a VMP TVS on the shelf with your name on it if you would stop breaking stuff!!!!

Rick, tell me about it :bash: I went with the PA Racing k member, with a little modification it fit like a glove. But on the brighter side, I will be picking that blower up with my name on it shortly :beer: I got wife's approval.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Same thing happened to me a year ago after the MAC longtubes were put on and I was scared that it was coolant pouring out like it popped a headgasket (bc the freeon is the same color) it was also smoking and smelt sweet. Talking about a big scare, but still haven't ordered and fixed this line so I'm glad I found this thread!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Same thing happened to me a year ago after the MAC longtubes were put on and I was scared that it was coolant pouring out like it popped a headgasket (bc the freeon is the same color) it was also smoking and smelt sweet. Talking about a big scare, but still haven't ordered and fixed this line so I'm glad I found this thread!

This!!!! :eek:

A.T

Established Member
The A/C never worked in mine since it sat for so long and decided to recharge the system last night. As I was recharging I saw smoke which only took less than a minute. I knew this was another victim of the MAC long tubes vs A/C line. Time to order a new one tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread