mach 1 wing delete - opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RcodeStang

Established Member
Never seen a TR without the wing. Thought about it before but figured it would be like sacrilege because it matches all the other black on the car. The other night I met a guy who mentioned I should try it wingless so I gave it a shot. What does SVTPerformance think?

wingdelete.jpg

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I'd lower it and do a nice wheel/tire combo before losing the wing. Once that thing is slammed on some new rubber and shoes it will look 100x better without the wing than it does right there.

JMO of course.

Krwy

Established Member
I was wingless for about a week. It looked ok, but something was always missing. For me, a Mach needs the spoiler. The hood scoop, chin spoiler, and sharp, edgey lines are a compliment with the spoiler. Plus the rear spoiler is a flat black heritage/throwback to the early Machs. So I put the spoiler back on, and I feel it looks better on the Machs.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant
Established Member
Never seen a TR without the wing. Thought about it before but figured it would be like sacrilege because it matches all the other black on the car. The other night I met a guy who mentioned I should try it wingless so I gave it a shot. What does SVTPerformance think?

No. Did he also recommend black wheels?

Last edited:

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
I'd lower it and do a nice wheel/tire combo before losing the wing. Once that thing is slammed on some new rubber and shoes it will look 100x better without the wing than it does right there.

JMO of course.

very true! you need the right stance to do it...
1.slammed
2. tint
3.tailpipes

but nevertheless i love the "wingless" look!

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I have always loved teh Mach's....actually ony New edge without the wing! Looks a ton better!

RcodeStang

Established Member
Yeah the SLP tailpipe keeps falling off. Going to have it welded.

Yes he mentioned black wheels, but I would have done that a year ago if I wasn't so lazy.

I have tint, only on the rear and quarters. Don't want to deal with tint tickets.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Personally, I'd say no on the wingless point.

You definitely need nice tails, tint, lowering, etc.

RcodeStang

Established Member
Mmm SoS your car is sick!

Less wheel gap will come eventually. Koni yellows, H&R super race springs, and MM CC plates totals in at ~1150 though. Won't have that kind of money to spend on car mods for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread