MACH1 owner who has much respect for COBRA owners - Help w/ Blower Question Please...

RAZOR Z

Established Member
1st off you know you guys are the shit! :bowdown: 2nd I'm intriqed by the sound of your blowers... Now I have a Mach1, so it's a sweet ride. I don't wanna do something crazy like trade it in for a Cobra but, I do like the added kick and mostly the sound of the blower. Sounds stupid, huh? Well I'm looking into getting a Supercharger and had a few questions...

You guys have a Root style blower like the Saleen.
Both made by Eaton I belive...

The Blowers that I have seen going on Mach1's are the Vortech and the Procharger - Both Centrifical force Blowers (From what I understand).

Now these (Vortech and Procharger) won't give me the awesome groaning sound that you guys have... Will they???

What kinda sound will I get???

I guess I would have to get a Eaton Root style blower or a Kenne Bell??? To get that awesome moan...

Anything you guys can suggest,comment on, or help by even posting a vid of a car with a centrifical force blower so I know what kinda sound they produce... But I still think I'll be hooked on the moaning sound of the Cobras!!

Thanx

AJ

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

since they are totally different blowers they make different sounds. the roots is a whine sound and the centrifugal is a whistle type sound. the vortech makes a lot more noise(or the older syle did) at idle than the roots. The roots is usually pretty quiet at idle. I am not sure about the whipple or KB though. You can get a little more idle whine from the roots by adding a smaller pulley and changing the belt. but stock they are very quiet. it is when you get on it that it really whines. And if you have a ported Eaton it is even louder.

03redfiresnake

Established Member
The centrifical blowers have an awesome sound of their own, which I think would appeal to you as well, maybe someone could post a sound clip, or you can find one on another forum. I think they would work better with the hood scoop setup on your car, although I know the power does not come as soon as the roots type blower, but thats where the cool sound comes in of it spooling up !!!

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
if you want a roots or twin screw type blower you will have to get another hood. so if you really want the wine of a cobra than it will be a little more than just slapping on a blower.

unless if you went centrifical, like others have said just search the vids forum and you will find a video with someone with a vortech or procharger.

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Somebody on the Mach1Registry is putting an Eaton on their Mach 1, might want to check on his progress if that's what you really want. Couple people with Prochargers also on there.

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
You also might want to think about forging your engine internals so the car will live a long and happy life blown...

akaeric

Established Member
I have heard of some cobra's being wrecked so if you have a good junkyard near you they can do a search and might be able to fine a cobras intake and blower set up even a hood. it might be cheaper and still have low milage just a thought. The machs have the v4 in them don't they. if so installation should be straight forward. maybe a harness etc.

Users who are viewing this thread