Magnaflow Dyno's 5.0

DIB5.0

Established Member
Says 30hp/20tq from cutback only

[video=youtube;5R1wlGKJNkI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R1wlGKJNkI[/video]

Voltwings

Established Member
I was thinking that was crank Hp, which would be about 4 whp gain, and i can buy that. Then they showed the dyno lol ... talk about massive gains from a catback gonna have to color me skeptical on that one.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Yeah not buying only catback. With tune and X pipe?

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
Sounds good! Looks like a nice kit.

Sure looks sexy in black.

If my ricer math is correct, that means 30hp from the catback, 40hp from an intake, and another 20hp just from running lucas octane booster. Should be at about ~500 wheel.

Voltwings

Established Member
Looks like its an X-pipe included, but cats are part of the headers now so i wouldnt count on huge gains from removing them... Must be a restrictive ass Mid pipe.

Looks like the exhuast basically has 2 parts now: Headers, Catback (and i suppose just axle back)

nicksender

Established Member
What were the baseline #'s in that dyno and what RPM did they go up to?

I'm not buying a catback is going to give you 30 RWHP/25 RWTQ. Those are extreme gains once you take away whatever the drivetrain loss is for this IRS equipped car; maybe 13-15%??

Exhaust companies always make these outlandish HP claims and don't even fully disclose how they got their #'s. You could see these #'s on a forced inducted car sure; but I doubt it on this N/A motor.

If this was ever true everyone would ditch the factory catback day 1.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Formula to figure actual HP gains from typical bolt-on claims:

Advertised number divided by 2, then multiplied by 50%, and finally subtract 5. This should produce a reasonable number.

In this case, the math would look like this: 30 HP claim / 2 = 15, multiplied by 50% = 7.5, subtract 5 = 2.5 HP actual gain.

Reasonable.

old_goat

Established Member
Now that we have this, I'm awaiting the always mighty CAI that will also add 15 horsepower.

I'm highly skeptical about both catback and CAI gains.

BMR Tech

This engine is choked up, big time. Simple principle behind it.

This is going to be a 480rwhp bolt-on car/engine.....and some cases, over 500rwhp. Bet

Stinky3377

Established Member
What do previous versions of the coyote make with just a C/B?

The picture in the vid at :38 looks like it includes x-pipe. Unless that's not completely accurate represenation.

Does sound real nice on the dyno.

Last edited:

onlya302

Rise to the Challenege
Established Member
Looks pretty free flowing, and LOUD...

Baseline may have been the 5th or 6th pull in a row with the engine nice and hot, pulling spark, adding fuel for COT etc... Would like to see data logs for each pull...

BMR Tech

What do previous versions of the coyote make with just a C/B?

The picture in the vid at :38 looks like it includes x-pipe. Unless that's not completely accurate represenation.

Does sound real nice on the dyno.

Without a tune? Probably 375ish on average, I would think. With a tune - 400ish.

I think many people are confusing the "X-Pipe" for these systems.

The "X-Pipe" on this, is simply ridding of the OEM resonator(s) - what you are seeing people call the "suitcase"

This system is NOT eliminating the cats, like a traditional "X-Pipe" does.

This 400rwhp pull (if true/legit) was made by replacing the catback, and the resonator(s). Not the cats.

LT, No cats, Catback and a tune....I can only imagine. It should make some serious power.

Users who are viewing this thread