Mandatory Insurance Question

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Ok this really peeved me off...

Today went into the DMV to renew the plates on the Neon and they said I couldnt (actually it was in my wifes name) but anyways, they said we had to call a phone number. The people at the DMV says its totally random, what gives??? We never received any type of warning. I know in Illinois if you get pulled over with an unregistered vehicle its a $1000 fine or 30 days in the clink. The same weird thing happened last month when I wreck the Chevy, cept it was my drivers license and they took me to jail. I have been hearing this has been happening a lot in Illinois lately. Can someone clue me in?? Cause this state has some of the goofiest laws that I have ever imagined. Plus you cant win for losing!!

-Zach

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Ok this really peeved me off...

Today went into the DMV to renew the plates on the Neon and they said I couldnt (actually it was in my wifes name) but anyways, they said we had to call a phone number. The people at the DMV says its totally random, what gives??? We never received any type of warning. I know in Illinois if you get pulled over with an unregistered vehicle its a $1000 fine or 30 days in the clink. The same weird thing happened last month when I wreck the Chevy, cept it was my drivers license and they took me to jail. I have been hearing this has been happening a lot in Illinois lately. Can someone clue me in?? Cause this state has some of the goofiest laws that I have ever imagined. Plus you cant win for losing!!

-Zach

Zach, I looked into for you. It is a conspiracy against you!!!
Simply put, the state of Illinois wants you out!:cuss:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
The great state of Illinois now gives out cheap piece of crap cardboard license applied for plates now instead of the little orange window stickers they used to give out. The one on my truck basically rotted with the first rain and blew off leaving shredded pieces of cardboard underneath the two license screws. F it! I aint going down to the damn DMV again to get another one! If the state is that damn cheap they're going to have to live with it! I have the paperwork inside my truck that says I've paid for everything and I'm legal so I should have no trouble. Hopefully.......:mj: :fm: :gt: :cuss:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Re: Mandatory Insurance Question

Originally posted by FordSVTFan

Zach, I looked into for you. It is a conspiracy against you!!!
Simply put, the state of Illinois wants you out!:cuss:
Adam,
I could have told you that a long time ago, for instance when the arrest me and give me a court date for a different county 150 miles away (Bloomington) they give me the date fot Lincolns B-day, obvisuosly court wasnt in session that day, so I call up to reschedule, ooooh no not that easy I have to drive down and see the Judge to reschedule so I can drive down again for a hearing.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Mandatory Insurance Question

Adam,
I could have told you that a long time ago, for instance when the arrest me and give me a court date for a different county 150 miles away (Bloomington) they give me the date fot Lincolns B-day, obvisuosly court wasnt in session that day, so I call up to reschedule, ooooh no not that easy I have to drive down and see the Judge to reschedule so I can drive down again for a hearing.

ROFL. sounds like New Jersey. I had to go to court today myself,to testify on an old case I was involved with. Got to love politics and the court system.:p

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mandatory Insurance Question

Originally posted by FordSVTFan

ROFL. sounds like New Jersey. I had to go to court today myself,to testify on an old case I was involved with. Got to love politics and the court system.:p
Yeah well guess it wasnt taken care of properly cause when I got pulled over (see Roadside) I had no valid llicense or registration, even though I had all the paper work to prove that I did, glad it was in a different county than I live in, cause heck I could always use a little more driving :mj: :mj:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mandatory Insurance Question

Yeah well guess it wasnt taken care of properly cause when I got pulled over (see Roadside) I had no valid llicense or registration, even though I had all the paper work to prove that I did, glad it was in a different county than I live in, cause heck I could always use a little more driving :mj: :mj:

I feel your pain:sad

reality1

Established Member
Zach,

Two Things,

Nice Letter in MM&FFS

If you need Title, etc, go to the Little Store on # 84, just up the street from Cerra Racing.

Users who are viewing this thread