Maybe a stupid question: Mustang II better than our setup?

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Well, would a Mustang II setup be better than our setup? Of course you must note that I have done zero research on this. But the idea of a dual IRS Cobra would be cool.

:pop:

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
wait, you want a 4 wheel drive cobra? otherwise, i don't see how two Independent Rear Suspensions are gonna work? Its not like we have a solid front axle or something.

Im not 100% sure, but I think the Mustang II has a sla (short long arm) front suspension, which is a step up from the Macpherson strut design.

However, I have not looked into it, nor do I think it would work with our strut towers. However, there are a few sla kits available for our cars. They are quite expensive though.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
quadcammer said:
wait, you want a 4 wheel drive cobra? otherwise, i don't see how two Independent Rear Suspensions are gonna work? Its not like we have a solid front axle or something.

Im not 100% sure, but I think the Mustang II has a sla (short long arm) front suspension, which is a step up from the Macpherson strut design.

However, I have not looked into it, nor do I think it would work with our strut towers. However, there are a few sla kits available for our cars. They are quite expensive though.

LOL, I reread what I wrote and got what you meant. AWD would be cool...nevermind.

As I see it, all Mustangs, except the Mustang II, have had strut towers. Most of the Modular motor 1st gen mustangs have had a Mustang II conversion just to get the bastard to fit. The Mustang II has two advantages: First, it allows the motor to be set lower in the engine bay and two, it eliminates the need for the strut towers. Which means more room and easier maintenance. Not to mention we get better handling...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The mustang II is in fact an SLA. while the stock mustang II geometry isn't exactly the best out there, the fact that it is in fact an SLA lends itself to easier geometry modifications. it also takes to spring and valving changes better.

Your best bet would be a griggs SLA though.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
Torch10th said:
The mustang II is in fact an SLA. while the stock mustang II geometry isn't exactly the best out there, the fact that it is in fact an SLA lends itself to easier geometry modifications. it also takes to spring and valving changes better.

Your best bet would be a griggs SLA though.

Yeah...I know. Just hoping for an alternative. Although, for some stupid reason I felt like I might have thought of something that no one else had. :lol1:

Off to another idea...jk.

How about a Vette T-56 installed in the rear? :loser:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
The Grigg's SLA is amazing, and you could cut the strut towers out and weld in flat pannels. That way you have easy maintance and you would loose weight. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread