MGW T-Handle with LineLoc switch

larryc7777

Established Member
Since I have one of the SLP LineLoc kits coming for my Cobra, I decided to modify my MGW T-Handle to contain the activation switch. All that it took was an inexpensive switch from Radio Shack & some CAREFUL drilling and tapping. The material that the handle is made from is easy to work with. It came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.:beer:

P3160004.JPG

P3160005.JPG

P3160006.JPG

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
WOW that looks great. Do you accept personal check:) Good luck on the SLP kit, mine is at 3.5 weeks MIA

jason

Juiced-03

Established Member
that would be great for those of us who have the Compucar nitrous kit!!! Great work! Where does the wire come out of the knob?

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
that would be great for those of us who have the Compucar nitrous kit!!! Great work! Where does the wire come out of the knob?

Wire? I need WIRE?
J/K ;-)

I drilled an 1/8" hole from the middle of the lower rear face of the T-handle, at an angle, so as to intersect with the bottom of the larger switch-mount hole. I can easily fit some 2 conductor wire thru this channel & run the wire down the back of the chromed shaft and into the shifter boot. Less than 2" of wire will be "visible". I'll use the 2 conductor wire to trigger the relay that will carry the 12v signal to the LineLoc solenoid.

Yes, the switch could trigger ANY 12v device when combined with a relay so as to minimize the amount of "load" that the switch actually carries.

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by 2thman
WOW that looks great. Do you accept personal check:) Good luck on the SLP kit, mine is at 3.5 weeks MIA

jason

Jason,
Do you mean that the kit is on backorder or that there is some other problem? Thanks, Larry

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
holy sheet!!!! THAT IS SICK:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rolling: :thumbsup: :rockon: :D ;-)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Nice work on the switch!!

How does the handle feel when shifting?
I am looking for a switch for the nitrous second stage and something like this might be what I need.

Thanks,
Dana

larryc7777

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Nice work on the switch!!

How does the handle feel when shifting?
I am looking for a switch for the nitrous second stage and something like this might be what I need.

Thanks,
Dana

Hi Dana,
The T-handle fits my hand quite well. I have it angled slightly towards 3rd gear to help with that powershift. I also have the MGW adjustable stick on the stock shifter for now. My Pro 5.0 shipped yesterday and the MGW parts will soon be on that shifter.:)

When I'm at the track, I use a golf glove on my right hand to supply that "almost sticky" feel. The only nitpick I have with this T-handle is the thickness of the chrome shaft area FEELS "thick" between your 2nd & 3rd fingers when your hand is gripping the handle. Larry

Lightning Bob

Established Member
Larry- Looks Great!

I also have the MGW T-handle and adjustable "stick", and the Pro 5. shifter on my 03. You mod is just what I need to do for my yet unordered Line Lock kit.
Where do you live in Illinois? I'm between St. Charles & Carol Stream.

Lightning Bob

larryc7777

Established Member
Re: Larry- Looks Great!

Originally posted by Lightning Bob
I also have the MGW T-handle and adjustable "stick", and the Pro 5. shifter on my 03. You mod is just what I need to do for my yet unordered Line Lock kit.
Where do you live in Illinois? I'm between St. Charles & Carol Stream.

Lightning Bob

I'm in Peoria. One of these days we should arrange a get together for the IL. Cobras.

Users who are viewing this thread