Stock Graph (495rwhp/487rwtq SAE, 93 oct, same DJ):

MHP2012E63StockDynos.jpg

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Nice numbers and gain, but who quotes crank horsepower on a car forum :shrug:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Nice numbers and gain, but who quotes crank horsepower on a car forum :shrug:

I quoted both. Also mentioned the kind of dyno, fuel used, correction factor, etc. The more data the better for everyone as I'm sure you'll agree. To answer the question, every OEM in the world, including Shelby ;-)

Last edited:

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Nice car btw... I didn't know Benz' made that kind of power.. Hmmm; this is what I learned today..

Fourcam330

Established Member
Nice car btw... I didn't know Benz' made that kind of power.. Hmmm; this is what I learned today..

Thanks.

We take delivery of our SLS this Friday.

1500 at the Crank with twins in the next 8 mos. Look for the thread. :thumbsup:

E is a great DD and I think we can get it into the mid 10s with tune, full exhaust, revamped induction piping (bolt-ons). Then the larger turbos go on with a 1200HP (crank :)) goal.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
It's a nice car, no car enthusiast can deny that and the increases from just the tune are quite impressive, its the posting of crank hp numbers that is interesting. I've never seen someone go out of their way to calculate their crank numbers and put them on a car enthusiast site....Probably because most people know they mean nothing....

S197OnSpray

Established Member
I agree that is one bad ass car for what it is, he's just all butt hurt that his "crank" numbers are :bs:

95SC

Banned
That's pretty great gain from a tune only .how did you came up with 25% DT loss 618 to 773 :??:

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Fourcam....how do you know what drivetrain loss percentage THAT car has? The only way of knowing that number is pulling the motor, putting it on a engine dyno, then putting it back in and making a pull on a chassis dyno. If you haven't done that....you don't know.

It's that simple. Your crank hp numbers above are GUESSES. You are GUESSING what the drivetrain loss is....

That's everyone's point. Someone like you should know this already.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Thanks.

We take delivery of our SLS this Friday.

1500 at the Crank with twins in the next 8 mos. Look for the thread. :thumbsup:

E is a great DD and I think we can get it into the mid 10s with tune, full exhaust, revamped induction piping (bolt-ons). Then the larger turbos go on with a 1200HP (crank :)) goal.

You sir; are my hero! :rockon:
As far as splitting hairs on this, :poke: who gives a shit... You have a kick ass car, probably a huge house, and hot wife.... Good for you, rock on playa!

Fourcam330

Established Member
That's pretty great gain from a tune only .how did you came up with 25% DT loss 618 to 773 :??:

20%

Again, take a MB 7G with ZF MCT and you're at 20% DT loss, with conventional stall 18%. You're talking about a conventional 7 speed auto with wet plate clutch (that we know is 2-2.5% less efficient based on previous dyno testing) with 76lb wheels/tires (per side) and massive 14" rear rotors/calipers, etc.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
20%

Again, take a MB 7G with ZF MCT and you're at 20% DT loss, with conventional stall 18%. You're talking about a conventional 7 speed auto with wet plate clutch (that we know is 2-2.5% less efficient based on previous dyno testing) with 76lb wheels/tires (per side) and massive 14" rear rotors/calipers, etc.

that's all well and good, but it's still a made up number you grabbed from the air.

A GUESS.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Sooo this all began with a guy who has no mustang listed in his sig, going on a mustang forum to post CRANK hp numbers of a Benz? Nice car, but this whole thread is interesting. If posting estimated crank numbers in your title makes your dick feel bigger then go right ahead lol.

I've probably had more mustangs than you as well. My last was a 98 Cobra with full Griggs GR40, Built Ford GT Block/Head, Custom Intake Manifold with 14:1 C/R.

If you're blinded by brand loyalty try another thread. No one told you to read or post here. Thanks.

Haters gonna hate. Badass ****in car, period.

Thanks!

You can always tell the ones who aint packin by how many past cars are in there sig and how much detail they must add to each and every car they have ever owned.

The cars in my sig are a FEW from the past 3 years.

It's a nice car, no car enthusiast can deny that and the increases from just the tune are quite impressive, its the posting of crank hp numbers that is interesting. I've never seen someone go out of their way to calculate their crank numbers and put them on a car enthusiast site....Probably because most people know they mean nothing....

Go out of their way? How hard is it to use a calculator? Holy shit it's like I'm the only person that's ever converted rw to crank or vice versa???

EVERY aftermarket tuner converts and obviously OEMs understand there is merrit in the conversion ie 99 Cobra initial release issues.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
I quoted both. Also mentioned the kind of dyno, fuel used, correction factor, etc. The more data the better for everyone as I'm sure you'll agree. To answer the question, every OEM in the world, including Shelby ;-)

There is not one other person on SVTP that quotes their flywheel horsepower and correct me if I'm wrong but your not an OEM? :shrug: IMO putting the crank horsepower as the title is very misleading

Users who are viewing this thread