Mid America at Hallett

JoeJ

Established Member
Hey guys,

I sure had a blast at Hallet during the Mid America event. It was fun chasing Kevin around the track. Hmmm. I still need more track time before we can race wheel to wheel. LOL. I think we impressed a few folks on just how fast the Cobra R is and how well it handles.

Here is a few pictures that was taken at the event.

http://communities.msn.com/SVTCobraR/midamericaeventathallett.msnw?Page=Last

Sure looking forward to seeing everyone at Road America in Sept.

Later

Last edited:

kevin

you r right joe, twas a blast. those 4.10's worked for ya. lots of comments about seeing 2 oor's on the track at the same time. joe and i went out together andgave some folks good shots of both cars coming around turns at the same time. look out ra.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I love this picture!
0OgAAAFYTjSjFaXn4XxM3ZRNq7HgCcv0lEARmtC5KAul8RvILzJNhWBSyj6Lm3jpebQs9lJRqfd1dttjlazYjsp0VZVN1NMEC

Crap! It won't let me post it. Anyways, I love the "Leading the Pack" photo.

I can't wait for RA!!!

kevin

my meatballs are vynil. ya just wet the body panel, put it on and sqweege the bubbles out. works great. ya want to put 'em on a day or so in advance so they can dry. after 2-3 years they tend to wear out and won't stay on at speed. i got mine at operations plus in ca. 4 meatballs plus ship and handle $63.10. call 'em at 714-962-2776

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
Did you see the picture titled "joetire"? I bet hardly 1/3 of the right hand tire is touching the ground. Looks good JoeJ. :)

Brian

BRIMSTONE

Freakin sweet pictures!

Okay another beginner's question: where do you guys get those oval stickers with the numbers printed on them? What happens if you get a different number each time?

Mike

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
my meatballs are vynil. ya just wet the body panel, put it on and sqweege the bubbles out. works great. ya want to put 'em on a day or so in advance so they can dry. after 2-3 years they tend to wear out and won't stay on at speed. i got mine at operations plus in ca. 4 meatballs plus ship and handle $63.10. call 'em at 714-962-2776

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Brimstone,
The numbers is what Kevin is referring to in his post. I am going to order a set for Road America.

Brian

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Thanks for the info Kevin.
I would like to order a set too but I haven't heard back from the Shelby club to know if my number has been accepted. Have any of you guys heard back yet?

kevin

usually saac national doesn't care what number you have, as long as you have one. other groups, including local saac's do sometimes care. it sounds like northwoods does care, so who knows what they do.

i can't get into joe's pictures.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
I found out that I have the number 8 or Road America. When I sent in the check I sent $25.00 less than I should have. When they sent the email notifying me of the mistake it was mentioned that I had gotten the number I requested. :)

Brian

svtguy

Established Member
One week after I mailed my check to the northwoods shelby club, Mark Francis, [email protected], emailed me back. I tried to get number 186, my car number, but it was already taken. So instead I got number 911. Hope I don't need to dial it. So if anyone is wanting to know what number they are getting, try emailing Mark Francis. He emailed my back the next day after I gave him alternative car numbers.

Looking forward to RA in September.

Paul

kevin

mike(brimestone), sounds like you might be coming to ra? hope so. i emailed mark francis today and got a reply very quickly. i got 41 (my car number) and already have the meatballs. i've asked (am waiting a reply) about passengers during this event. he also said that confirmations will be going out in about two weeks. people love to ride at speed and i enjoy giving it to them. although i dial it down to 85-90% of what i do when alone. right joe?

kevin.#22,#41,#80

BRIMSTONE

Thanks for that info, sorry I missed it the first time (that's what happens when you work and play at the same time). That place is local to me, I'll give them a call maybe stop by.

Kevin,
Don't think I can make it. I just can't take enough time off work to travel that far. Already took my vacation earlier this year.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Wow, Mark is quick. I got a response from him this morning. Good news! I got my car number -#23 and he said it looks like I'll get an instructor too.

Now I need to order the "Meatballs"
How many do I need?

kevin

dean -most places require only two meatballs, one on each door. however, some require it on the hood as well. i always put one on the hood (usually the passenger side) just in case. it also helps if someone takes pictures in a turn. most photos ya can't see the number on the door but ya can on the hood.

mike - ya could ship the car (lots of very good carriers i use out there) and then fly in. just a thot.

mark francis emailed me and said passengers only on fri and sun (not sat autox) he didn't define any particular group that could or couldn't.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
Kevin has a good idea, If there are some people that can't take the time to drive in, I would guess we could get people that want to fly in from the airport in Milwaukee. Most of us have tow vehicles we could drive down with. There will be plenty of opportunities to ride along, which I think is just as fun as driving.

Kevin,
I dont' know if you have figured a route from Denver to RA yet, but it involves comming up to interstate 90 and crossing southern Minnesota, let me know. If you want/need a place to stay a night or have dinner, we could take care of it and maybe caravan over to Wi. Do whatever works for you. :)

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread