MIG weld SS?

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
I just got a stainless steal bung and plug and wanted to know if it's OK to MIG weld it.
I'm putting the bung before my cat on the driver's side at the 3 o'clock position.
If I'm missing anything please advise.

I welded my frame connectors this weekend and I got to say it's one of the best mods I've done so far. I also installed the 2.93" with my AR custom tune. Car pulls like a raped ape on roids now. I love every minute of it. Mustang Dyno should come by this weekend. Hoping for 430-440 ish.

Anyway I'd like to get the welded and I reall y need to know if stainless to stainless welding is OK with a MIG.

Thanks guys and gals.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Called a few shops around town and they told me a TIG welder is needed to weld SS. I'll just get it done on the 29th before my pulls.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
You can MIG SS. I would TIG it though. For the bung i would let a Pro do it. I am not sure of you exp. but it should not cost too much to pay someone and the fact if you screw up you have no one toblame but yourself. I plan on having my Muffler tech do it when I start modding the car so i can run a wide band.

Users who are viewing this thread