Might Trade my 2010 gt500 for 2014 gt500 - opinions?

vipboy28

Established Member
Hi all,

I love the 2010 mustang, was a great upgrade over my 06 pontiac GTO that was totaled when someone crashed into it while it was parked in my driveway. Anyway, The car is pushing 40,339 miles and ive done some mods (check sig). Im starting to think its time to upgrade to a 2014 next year. (I bought her used and will have about 9k left on the loan) Can probably get around 29k for it im assuming.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth the upgrade?? I really like the new plane crank motor but dislike the 2015-16 bodys. Also, not really a fan of dodge.... The new Stingray c7 is beautiful and a lovely car but a bit to pricey. Looking for that 35-40k range (used of course lol)

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you want to upgrade to get a car with less miles on it?

Obviously there are a bunch of upgrades from 2010 to 2013-14. Some major, like the AL 5.8, TVS, Recardos, 662hp from 550hp etc and some minor changes as well. Still will have the same interior* but with the LCD screen inbetween the tach and speedo. Exterior, there are only 4 upgrades that separate the look between the two years.

I think even next year the 13-14's, depending on options and mileage, will still be in the high 40's low 50's-k range.

Don't see the 13-14's decreasing in value as fast as the other GT500's.

If you want more power, maybe upgrade to a TVS blower or a KB-whipple. Would definitely wake up the '10.

With only being 9k from having the title, might be better to keep the 10 and have no more payment on a stang for a little bit. Dunno if upgrading to a 13-14 will be worth the potential 20kish loan from the 2010. jmo

vipboy28

Established Member

Obviously there are a bunch of upgrades from 2010 to 2013-14. Some major, like the AL 5.8, TVS, Recardos, 662hp from 550hp etc and some minor changes as well. Still will have the same interior* but with the LCD screen inbetween the tach and speedo. Exterior, there are only 4 upgrades that separate the look between the two years.

I think even next year the 13-14's, depending on options and mileage, will still be in the high 40's low 50's-k range.

If you want more power, maybe upgrade to a TVS blower or a KB-whipple. Would definitely wake up the '10.

With only being 9k from having the title, might be better to keep the 10 and have no more payment on a stang for a little bit. Dunno if upgrading to a 13-14 will be worth the potential 20kish loan from the 2010. jmo

Im torn I guess. The milage doesn't bother me, its just to my understanding the 13-14 are the best of the 10-14 models.

I when I bought the 10 gt500, they wanted 45 talked em down to 35k. So ill find a deal in my range however If I do keep the car, im doing quite a few mods, Cosra mufflers, Heat Exchanger, LCA's, UCA, Panhard bar, 1 piece drive shaft. On the power end im close to the 13-14 in power with the Smaller pulley cai and tune.

Just very torn I guess and was trying to see if I could add or subtract from my logic :/ lol

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I highly doubt you'll find a 13/14 anywhere near what your looking for price wise. Of course the 13/14 are the best, they're the newest with the biggest engine, bigger blower and technology. If your happy with your body style you should just do a couple more upgrades to get you closer to the 13/14's performance. I think almost everyone wants a 13/14 but I'm very happy with my modded 08. A TVS plus other bolt ons would bring you well over a stock 13/14's HP. You can do suspension upgrades if your looking for better handling or hooking at the track. It's your car and your money so it's ultimately your decision but you can def make your car better if you want.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If its straight bragging rights, then you would have to buy the 13-14. From a buildability standpoint, the car you have is ready for a whipple and a tripple pass heat exchanger.

Unless you HAVE TO HAVE the 5.8 and 2013-2014 "pedigree", muxh cheaper to continue modding your car. Specially so close to payoff... I'd personally keep her

vipboy28

Established Member
If its straight bragging rights, then you would have to buy the 13-14. From a buildability standpoint, the car you have is ready for a whipple and a tripple pass heat exchanger.

Unless you HAVE TO HAVE the 5.8 and 2013-2014 "pedigree", muxh cheaper to continue modding your car. Specially so close to payoff... I'd personally keep her

I wouldn't say anything so small of bragging rights but the 5.8 is just a bored out 5.4 which is another bore of a 5.0 block right?

I do like the new tail lights, and iron block is suppose to be worse than Aluminum? Led front fogs hahaha. I mean like I said I love my 10'. I would def need some paint touch up as road rocks and things of that nature suck lol.

sweetlou1182

Established Member
No Payment is a WIN!

The 10s still look sweet and as everyone mentioned under 2k you can find a TVS on this forum and put you in the 700rwhp range. You can get the 13/14 taillights for 400 bucks and some sweet LED fogs for dirt. Other than a few things recaros, dash, exterior body they are pretty close and I personally wouldn't trade the 10 for a 13/14. If you were trading the 10 for a Brand new GT350 then that might change my mind lol

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Just to buy a car and drive I would go with the new payment book and 13-14. To build a fast car the way I want I would build the 10.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Im torn I guess. The milage doesn't bother me, its just to my understanding the 13-14 are the best of the 10-14 models.

I when I bought the 10 gt500, they wanted 45 talked em down to 35k. So ill find a deal in my range however If I do keep the car, im doing quite a few mods, Cosra mufflers, Heat Exchanger, LCA's, UCA, Panhard bar, 1 piece drive shaft. On the power end im close to the 13-14 in power with the Smaller pulley cai and tune.

Just very torn I guess and was trying to see if I could add or subtract from my logic :/ lol

they definitely have the most power, under warranty, more options and features. However, power is a simple upgrade for any GT500 and unless you want a glass roof, you can install any feature from the 13-14 Shelby into your car, without too much hassle.

Wow, shaved 10k off the price, very impressive. When I was car hunting last year, no dealer would budge on their price on the 11-12 GT500s. Even when I had a check in hand.

vipboy28

Established Member
they definitely have the most power, under warranty, more options and features. However, power is a simple upgrade for any GT500 and unless you want a glass roof, you can install any feature from the 13-14 Shelby into your car, without too much hassle.

Wow, shaved 10k off the price, very impressive. When I was car hunting last year, no dealer would budge on their price on the 11-12 GT500s. Even when I had a check in hand.

Yeah a bunch of dealers where acting like a used 10 was brand new with 50k stickers. I went to one place In South NJ, That I saw on AAA website. Car wasn't even listed yet on cars.com or stickers or tags in the dealer. They wanted 45 and told them now way. I think they wanted it off the lot asap. Was there about 4 hours and bam they caved and sold it to me.

Yeah I guess I should build it up. I didn't know the tail light dropped that much in price.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

If you are saying that the 2010 that the OP currently owns is the same interior as the 2011-up, I don't think that is correct. From what I have seen, the 2010 exterior changed to the newer bodystyle, but the interior retained the 2007-2009 seat foam with newer looking covers, the non-tilting headrests and no headrests on the rear seat. 2011 was the first year for these interior changes/upgrades from the Ford assy. line as far as I know? and then the 2010 is a 540 horse car so it would be 540 to 662, not 550 to 662........not that 10 hp is a big difference, but it is a 2010 to 2011 difference.

Another 2010 to 2011 change, 2.50" exhaust to 2.75" exhaust. <<Did this help with the 10hp increase? probably.

2010 is definitely a transition year for the GT500, some old stuff stayed with the 2010 and some new stuff appeared. I like the 2010, some people don't. I also like the 2013/14.

R

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
No question to me do a tvs and some other 13 upgrades and you'll be happy. Best part about your car is the newer style along with a cast block which is much easier/cheaper to rebuild.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Go with the 13 14 and you'll be right in the same boat in couple of years wanting something newer. I could do the same but I'd be modding all over again and wasting money. I bought my 12 off the lot and haven't looked back. Don't think the 13 14s wont have any problems ether.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
About a year ago I considered trading my 2010 for a 2013-14. But I decided I'd rather keep my already modded 2010 while not having any car payments over having to spend $25k+ for a trade in, then having to mod it over again. If you have to the $$ to afford a 13-14 without being turned upside down on payments, then I'm pretty sure you won't regret that decision. But I do think some impulse buy too quickly then end up having to sell in less than a year.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Keep your 2010. Bigger blower, some suspension, and some cooling and it'll feel like a brand new car. Get some Recaro's if you want to change up the interior as well.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

nxhappy

Established Member
also, they will RAPE you on trade in. Typically you will get 20-40% less money trading in, versus selling it yourself.

Black Sex

Established Member
My 2011 will be paid for next month and I had ideas about upgrading as well. I have since decided against that because the thought of no car payment sounds way better.

vipboy28

Established Member
You have all changed my mind. I will keep le car. Maybe ill finally get a 69 GTO or 70 Charger and have fun with one of those. My dad had a 70 Charger that he had to sell in the late 80's before I was born. I think its time to get one and make it my pet project

Users who are viewing this thread