MM UCA/ LCA Derlin Bushing Install ?

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
So Im expecting a battle, any pointers from anyone thats done it?
Im gonna throw in some H&R Race springs while its apart, any other suggestions while im in there? Im trying to avoid replacing every bushing in the rear end now, because of cost, and id also like to feel each component, but not at the expense of wasting loads of time (like whats not too bad to get at later, and what is?)

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
At the bare minimum I would do a BF brace & re-seal diff while you're in there with all that crap apart.

TrickStang37

Established Member
I've done it. its a PAIN IN THE ASS. but in the end it's worth it. I wouldnt want to do it again tho. since its a convert, i would do it, wheel hop is atrocious on 'em. Anything that helps would be good.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
PM sent, give me a ring once you get all the old bushings out and I'll tell you a few things that will save you some time.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
So Im expecting a battle, any pointers from anyone thats done it?
Im gonna throw in some H&R Race springs while its apart, any other suggestions while im in there? Im trying to avoid replacing every bushing in the rear end now, because of cost, and id also like to feel each component, but not at the expense of wasting loads of time (like whats not too bad to get at later, and what is?)

The only parts you can't replace without pulling the IRS subframe out of the chassis are the subframe bushings and the UCA's. Everything else can be done with the IRS in the car.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
searching FTW:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69011&highlight=subframe+removal

i left the drive shaft connected, the car is up on jack stands so the subframe is supported with two floor jacks. I took the lower control arms off first and used an internal spring compressor to get the springs out. I was surprised, it really is only the four bolts holding the irs in.

the mm tools got the control arm bushings out in a snap, the subframe bushings w/ tool are in the mail, as are the H&R springs. Im going to leave the diff bushings out, ill see just how much of a difference they make in comparison to the rest of the bushings.

Last edited:

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
Good to go. Hopefully this weekend I can get the new springs in, and throw a write up together. Well worth saving the "700 dollar" install I was quoted by a local shop. For that price, even if it took me a year, I could get an old beat up honda to drive around while I worked on it

Users who are viewing this thread