MMR Billet Oil Filter Relocation Kit (Wanting PICTURES)

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
Anyone have pictures of one of MMR oil relocation kits mounted in their car? Im looking for some feedback too with the setup. With the Team Z k-member I have only been able to run an STP S2 filter and no amount of grinding will I be able to clear another filter without affecting structural integrity so a relocation is my only option if I want to run a quality filter.

Thanks guys

s351

Established Member
I don't have a picture of it on my car as It's taken apart right now. But the only issue I had with it is it leaked a bit where the fittings screw into the hat. I'm going to try some teflon tape to stop this. or go back to stock.

I made a custom bracket and mounted it behind my drivers side fog light. If it doesn't stop leaking at the fittings I'm going back to stock. I have a upr kmember so it might be a bit different on where you mount it.

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
I don't have a picture of it on my car as It's taken apart right now. But the only issue I had with it is it leaked a bit where the fittings screw into the hat. I'm going to try some teflon tape to stop this. or go back to stock.

I made a custom bracket and mounted it behind my drivers side fog light. If it doesn't stop leaking at the fittings I'm going back to stock. I have a upr kmember so it might be a bit different on where you mount it.

That's not reassuring, what did you use prior to sealing the threads? I would think some kind of thread sealant or did it have some kind of feature built in to keep it from leaking?

s351

Established Member
I never put anything on it. I thought It being a billet piece with expensive redhorse fittings it wouldn't need it but I was wrong.

keith89

Established Member
I never put anything on it. I thought It being a billet piece with expensive redhorse fittings it wouldn't need it but I was wrong.
Is it an npt fitting? expensive or not, npt fittings should have some sort of sealant applied.

s351

Established Member
Ya I know I screwed up on the install, trying to get things done quick never works out well.

s351

Established Member
The only let down with the kit is, the lack of options of filters to use. I don't know why a company that builds ford engines, not make the filter accept ford filters. The new threads are smaller on where the filter goes.

R3dfireCobra

Established Member

Oh that's no good lol. Like everyone else has stated you still have to seal the threads. Billet just means its out of a solid piece and NC machined. I figured the quality of the components was poor. We all rush and make mistakes sometimes no big deal. Im sure its a good unit, just take apart and seal the threads now.

Last edited:

s351

Established Member
It's really cold where I am but If I, get out to the garage I'll take a pic where I put mine.

s351

Established Member
shoot me your number via pm and I'll send you a couple pics of what I did.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Here's the only decent picture I could find of mine. Went out there and you can't even see it with everything installed. Mine is the block adapter. -16AN braided to the radiator, -8AN for the oil lines. Don't mind all the power steering and up pipes/downpipes. Filter is tucked between the wheel well and bumper. Let me know if you want pictures of that too.

A8LlugZ.jpg

Attachments

• A8LlugZ.jpg
    A8LlugZ.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 225

Users who are viewing this thread