Money thrown in car?

Black306

Established Member
I wouldn't call money into a Cobra an "investment." :lol:

For me, I just ordered a Whipple, BAP, and a few other knick-knacks. So tack on another ~3,500. Grand total is now coming up on $10k (minus money from selling stock parts).

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
$2K into motor, maybe another grand into dr's and IRS anti-hop mods

insurance, maintenance, gas, etc God knows

worth every penny :banana:

future mods coming soon, maybe another $3k before years end

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Let's see...for the money I have tied up in mods I could rebuy my very first car 5 times and still have pocket money for a tank of gas and some "bolt ons." :eek: :eek: :eek:

antiv6

Established Member
out of curiosity im adding it up with estimated costs lol
intake-90
catback-300
midpipe-400
shifter-170
tint-175
wheels (after subtracting what i sold stock ones for) -160
springs-230
c/c plates-200
2.76-150
idler-120
heat exchanger-300
chip and tune-550

total:2845:bash:

Last edited:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Guess I've spent around 8K in mods so far.
Spend most of my time on here researching and only buy quality parts.

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Way too much. I've been modding this thing since June of 02.
-3 new KB blowers
-2 built shortblocks
-Heads done twice
-4 sets of cams
-3 sets of aftermarket wheels
-Fuel system, Built Tranny, IRS, Brakes, Suspension, Stereo, Custom Tonneau etc, etc, etc
Ugh. :(

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
enough as well, would u include labor also or just parts???????????????? for me parts and labor im over the 15k mark thats all im saying for now.....thats a basline.:cryying:

wy3134

Established Member
well lets see, ive got a little over 5 grand into my setup, car came with 2.2kb, 55lb injectors, KB bap. THe upgrades: that includes the entire fuel system upgrade(rails,line,filter,hat,pumps,injectors), upgrade to kb2.8h, sct pro racer package to tune the car, a very good custom tune from Bob Kurgan, chill system from True Forged, and misc. other items

NOTE: I do all the work on my car, so I save a shit ton of money on labor costs. You would be suprised how easy it is to work on these cars if you just take your time and willing to be patient on some installs. the nice thing about these cars, is 90% of the bolts are just 3 sizes, 8mm, 10mm, 13mm... theres been a couple oddballs but otherwise i kinda wish i wouldnt have wasted all the money i spent on a complete craftsman mechanics tool set (it was only $200, but that would have purchased my subframes and had them installed)

other things i still need: welded subframes, possibly considering swap to built solid rear axle and probably a swap to a lentech auto transmission (so theres another $6500-$7000 in potential mods that are probably gonna be necessary come next summer as I up the power levels)

after those three immediate needs, then i can see the clutch and flywheel needing replaced in the future (currently running a spec stage 3+ and aluminum flywheel), and then the biggie, a complete engine rebuild... my goal is to keep the car very conservative on the a/f of never going above 11.7 so that I can hopefully get the engine to last through next summer

Last edited:

GHIG RTR

Banned
Easily over $20K. Going from 2.2KB to 2.8KB to TT kit. From FR500's to CCW's to TF's. Not including all suspension mods & fuel mods.

Users who are viewing this thread