monsTer touQue !

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The eaton will begin to over spin and produce TONS of heat and the dyno graph will start to dive quickly the more heat it makes.
The Eaton, if setup correctly, actually has the capacity to run pretty decent boost levels without dramatic power losses at higher RPM's.

Here's a dyno graph of a 2.90/6 lbs combo, producing 17.5 lbs of boost, with 22, 24, and 25 degree tunes. Horsepower levels appear to be doing quite well up through 6,200 rpms, despite "overspinning". And although torque levels don't even hit 500 RWTQ until 3,800 rpm, torque production maintains 500+ until about 5,650 rpm.......While this thread deals with peak numbers, oftentimes, it's the location of the curve that is more critical.

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Horsepower levels appear to be doing quite well up through 6,200 rpms
Those are real nice power curves Dwight. Keep in mind that the use of longtubes is helping to bolster your torque in the higher bands and likely the Eaton will start to lose torque sooner without them. This is a good example of how the overall system plays it's part in maintaining torque, not just a power adder.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
thats very interesting looking at jimmy's 13psi whipple dyno...I'm actually making more low end and peak tq with a 13psi unported eaton....but he makes way more top end hp. I guess thats the efficiency factor past say 4500 rpms.

A well set up and tuned Eaton car is seriously NO JOKE!

For my 20 minute sessions I felt I needed to have the lower IAT2s.

No question though there are a lot of Eaton cars that would eat me alive! On the streets or at the drag strip, that torque curve is deadly!

But in an open track setting, assuming equal drivers and suspension(tires etc), pullied Eatons I can usually catch.:beer:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
A well set up and tuned Eaton car is seriously NO JOKE!

For my 20 minute sessions I felt I needed to have the lower IAT2s.

No question though there are a lot of Eaton cars that would eat me alive! On the streets or at the drag strip, that torque curve is deadly!

But in an open track setting, assuming equal drivers and suspension(tires etc), pullied Eatons I can usually catch.:beer:

ok, that makes sense. you having a road course monster that sees long duration throttle, I'd want the low iat2's as well. Killer looking car, Jimmy! nice setup! :rockon:

GodStang

Established Member
The Eaton, if setup correctly, actually has the capacity to run pretty decent boost levels without dramatic power losses at higher RPM's.

Here's a dyno graph of a 2.90/6 lbs combo, producing 17.5 lbs of boost, with 22, 24, and 25 degree tunes. Horsepower levels appear to be doing quite well up through 6,200 rpms, despite "overspinning". And although torque levels don't even hit 500 RWTQ until 3,800 rpm, torque production maintains 500+ until about 5,650 rpm.......While this thread deals with peak numbers, oftentimes, it's the location of the curve that is more critical.

Yes but are those not ported blowers which produce less heat if I remember correctly in the rpm bands that we run? Its the heat that causes the loss of power. If you add a better blower cooling system then you can spin it more.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
what do you guys think the best upper/lower combo is??
my friend has a 2.76/4lb and he is doing a good job of swaying me tin that direction.
also how are the stageV ports holding? i havent heard from any owners yet

Users who are viewing this thread