Moroso Radiator Overflow tank fitment issue

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
My stock radiator overflow tank has been leaking fluids for a while, so I thought I'd get myself a Moroso tank to replace the stock tank. Today I went through the process of changing it out, and find that I now have a potential fitment issue with the stock inter-cooler tank.

I had to loosen the inter-cooler tank to put the Moroso tank in. When I bolted the Inter-Cooler tank back down, it was shifted slightly to the left, but both tanks touch each other.

Here is the picture of how it looks now:
167766_1811739375552_1302032879_32143988_784364_n.jpg

168980_1811720335076_1302032879_32143923_337423_n.jpg

I put a little piece of foam in between the tanks in hopes of avoiding a rub between the two.

Do you guys think this would be an issue in the long run? Or will both tanks there side by side be fine....

greengt88

Established Member
I didn't have any issues, just did this last Wednesday. I replaced my belt, and I unbolt both reservoirs for clearance, and power steering. Then I noticed it was leaking on to the fan. Called lethal, problem solved. No clearance issues, looks just like yours. I wanna do the intercooler tank now too. Looks silly with the stocker. Wondering if that's gonna fit with my steeda cai? I think I want the moroso steering fluid tank also, but id wanna do it black as well.

OP I've been running that setup now for almost 2 years. My Moroso tank rubs against the stock ic tank. I was initially worried about the heat from the Moroso tank warping the plastic ic tank, but its never done any damage. I haven't put anything between both tanks over the past 2 years and the platsic is still intact. So I say remove that foam because its not necessary.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't think that small a piece of foam would do much anyway. But I'd just follow 01cobravortech's advice and remove it. That's a tighter fit than I'd want as well. I'm surprised Moroso didn't shorten it by a 1/4" to avoid the issue.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Slot the holes in the mounting ears on both tanks(rat tail file). Then you can slide them apart slightly. Not a whole lot, just a little. I did that on my Canton tanks and although I am not a real stickler for car show perfect looks it does look better.

Worked for me, your mileage may vary.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I removed the foam, and will just run it like it is. I'll post back if anything bad comes of it.

So far, two days driving it around town and no leaks (which is exactly what I was hoping for). I think at some point when I have a little more free time I'll take Jimmy's advice and make the holes in the Moroso tank a little bigger so it can move over just a tad.

Users who are viewing this thread