Moving to NYC

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Looks like I'm getting transferred again. This time I'm going to Staten Island. I'm planning to take my old 60 Impala pictured below with us when we move. Does anyone know of any car shows in the NYC area or classic car clubs up that way?

Any info would be appreciated. Steve

842135_210_full.jpg

842135_222_full.jpg

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Staten island roads are shity(nyc streets are worse)......and yes there is some shows i have heard off.....

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
stroker22 said:
Staten island roads are shity(nyc streets are worse)......and yes there is some shows i have heard off.....

Yea I agree on the road conditions on the island. We drove up a few weekends ago house hunting and luckily I've got a place to live which is a 5 minute walk from where I'll be working. It will be nice to not have to deal with a commute for a few years.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There are a TON of shows all up and down the eastern seaboard. I used to take my cars from DC up to PA, NH, NJ, IL, to shows all the time ... do a web search you will come up with a pretty good list of sources for car show info.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
There are plenty of collectors in the area. I'd say just go cruising on a Saturday night and ask other people in classics driving around where there are shows. Works for me every time.

kfrg

Banned
Im sure there are a number of events in the NJ area (check out meets at Raceway Park, Englishtown). Every Tuesday night from May until late Sept/Oct you can check out one of the, if not the largest car meet/show in the NY area, the Bald Hill Car Show. Exit 63 off the LIE (I-495), take Ocean Ave north, can't miss it.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys.

FordSVTFan said:
Staten Island is not NYC, it is a world in an of itself. The "Island" is Long Island.

And thanks for your input too, but the island I was speaking of in my reply to storker22 was Staten Island, not Long Island. This will be my second time living in NY so I'm familiar with the difference between the two islands.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread