Mustang Dark Horse R Debut | Up Close in Charlotte, NC

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Mustang Dark Horse R Debut | Up Close in Charlotte, NC

DHR_Reveal_014.jpg

Last week we stopped by the Charlotte Motor Speedway to witness the debut of the upcoming Mustang Dark Horse R. A few minutes after 7:00pm on a Thursday evening the Ford Performance brass rolled out the red carpet for the latest factory built race car to enter the FPRP catalog. But the DH-R announcement was accompanied by some very interesting news. That being, IMSA has partnered with Ford to establish a spec-racing series designed especially for purchasers of the Dark Horse R.

As long time fans of World Challenge and GT3 racing, we are definitely looking forward to traveling to a few IMSA Mustang Challenge races in the near future. We’ve been talking to a handful of well known Mustang-fielding race teams over the weekend, and it looks like we may see some familiar faces on the starting grid behind the wheel of the Dark Horse R. That’s something certainly worth looking forward to.

If you’re interest in the full specs of the DH-R, you can find them by CLICKING HERE. At $145,000, it’s a legit bargain. While you get your credit card ready, check out these pics from the event:

DHR_Reveal_002.jpg
DHR_Reveal_006.jpg
DHR_Reveal_009.jpg
DHR_Reveal_018.jpg
DHR_Reveal_020.jpg
DHR_Reveal_023.jpg
DHR_Reveal_024.jpg
DHR_Reveal_027.jpg
DHR_Reveal_034.jpg

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
At $145K you would think they would say a bit more than "500+ HP"

What exactly am I getting for my $145K? Then again, if I have that kind of money to throw around maybe I don't care!! LOL

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

What exactly am I getting for my $145K? Then again, if I have that kind of money to throw around maybe I don't care!! LOL

That doesn't surprise me really.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That looks like a 5.0 with a GT500 front fascia.

$145k...almost fits the bill of the thread started here a few weeks back haha
I can make out a '5.0' on the side when I magnify the size, but the front fascia looks custom to me. The horizontal separator is not as tall as the 2020-2023 GT-500's. No snake emblem, of course. And no hood pins, too.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Aren't you the one who said it should be $100k?
I was thinking no rollbar and race specs. I had no idea that Ford would make a real race car.

No other Mustang R was already made for the track. It seems like a good deal for a guy that wants to race.

My 1994 Cobra from 29 years ago:
1995Cobra.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

500HP is actually a shit load of power for its intended purpose. The Boss 302 Rs in World Challenge had to run restrictors in a fair stock Road Runner engine. If IMSA let's these run uncorked we should see some good racing action.

Does it have a Vin?

No.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
The 2019 Ford Mustang GT350 has 526 HP. It was $61K:

2019GT350MSRP.jpg

It's $61,535, and I got a better price. It sucks on a track. It needs camber plates and more. Ford solved that and more with the new Dark Horse R. You can't build one for that price.

You can't buy an ICE Camaro at all. They are all electric going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread