My best videotaped run of the year. 05 GT SC

Thump_rrr

Established Member
My best runs of the year. 05 GT SC

Edit:Sorry for the thread title but I posted in the wrong forum.
Video is in the pics and video buffet.
I don't know why but the MPH was way off in both the 1/8 and 1/4 traps.
All 3 runs were within 0.002 which isn't bad for a stick car.
DSCN0437.jpg

Last edited:

daydark

Established Member
peter awesome times! What did you do to drop the 2-3 tenths? (this is Clay)

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Nice job, but it looks like Napierview dragway needs to look at their mph lights. Nice et though.
Yes they do. That was the last day of the year and we were only 15 or so cars running so they only setup 1 lane to run sorta 1/2 assed.
peter awesome times! What did you do to drop the 2-3 tenths? (this is Clay)
Hey Clay,
No more mods to the car, just a lot more suspension and tire pressure adjustments.

The tires still rub on the rear fenders so I need to get a set of Bogarts in the spring.

I also bought Ron's stock motor which I'll be sending to JDM for them to do their magic.

How do you like the Termi?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Yes they do. That was the last day of the year and we were only 15 or so cars running so they only setup 1 lane to run sorta 1/2 assed.

I hear ya. One of the tracks I run at here has some mph like that at times. Just the other day i ran 358mph there. One other time I trapped 136 all day long. It was about 5mph high that day. I hate when that happens, since I use those slips to gauge what the car is doing.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I hear ya. One of the tracks I run at here has some mph like that at times. Just the other day i ran 358mph there. One other time I trapped 136 all day long. It was about 5mph high that day. I hate when that happens, since I use those slips to gauge what the car is doing.
The best is when there is a 3mph difference between the 2 lanes but they tell you that everything checks out OK.:shrug:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
The best is when there is a 3mph difference between the 2 lanes but they tell you that everything checks out OK.:shrug:

Yeah that's basically what happened on the day I was trapping 135/136. In the other lane I trapped 131, which is about the norm for my car.

daydark

Established Member
Hey Clay,
No more mods to the car, just a lot more suspension and tire pressure adjustments.

The tires still rub on the rear fenders so I need to get a set of Bogarts in the spring.

I also bought Ron's stock motor which I'll be sending to JDM for them to do their magic.

How do you like the Termi?

Awesome Peter, you are really kicking ass. Has there been a S/C car in the 10's on stock 3v motor yet? If you go crazy on weight reduction for a day, you could do it man.

Yank out the pass/rear seats, yank out some carpet and sound deadening mats, drain windshield washer fluid, yank off the catback, trunk lining, etc.

I'd really love to see a 10 out of that car!

That's awesome about you buying Ron's old motor. I'm also happy to hear that he finally has his car up and running the way it should be, with all the belt issues resolved. Do you know if JDM has opened their facility in Houston yet? Are you going stroker or stock displacement?

The terminator is working out great. I don't regret selling the Saleen. I haven't run it on the Kenne Bell, but it is a blast on the street. On the Eaton I went 11.88 with a 1.66 sixty. I'm really excited to get on the track next season. I still need to buy some 28" ET Drags and put a cage in the car though :D

Last edited:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Awesome Peter, you are really kicking ass. Has there been a S/C car in the 10's on stock 3v motor yet? If you go crazy on weight reduction for a day, you could do it man.

Yank out the pass/rear seats, yank out some carpet and sound deadening mats, drain windshield washer fluid, yank off the catback, trunk lining, etc.

I'd really love to see a 10 out of that car!

That's awesome about you buying Ron's old motor. I'm also happy to hear that he finally has his car up and running the way it should be, with all the belt issues resolved. Do you know if JDM has opened their facility in Houston yet? Are you going stroker or stock displacement?

The terminator is working out great. I don't regret selling the Saleen. I haven't run it on the Kenne Bell, but it is a blast on the street. On the Eaton I went 11.88 with a 1.66 sixty. I'm really excited to get on the track next season. I still need to buy some 28" ET Drags and put a cage in the car though :D
Nah,

I'f I'm going to hit 10's on the stock motor I'll add a 10% O/D crank pulley, 60lb injectors and the Saleen Extreme intake with the bigger MAF.

I could also go with a race gas tune insead of the 93 Octane tune.

PS: I added a set of SPAL fans behind the Gords HE I bought off of you.
Now that I think of it that's all I did to the car this year other than the Trutrac and Moser axles.
I'm going to be going 298 stroker for sure. JDM has had a lot of success with that setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread