My car just caught on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I messaged them. Hoping for a reply soon. They helped me with the seats. Pretty nice person. I know it's a lot of money but I'm hoping they will swap the car for an identical one. I'm a pretty loyal customer. This is the 7th mustang I've bought. My last car was a lemon and I can't go through that again It was not pleasant. The smoke I inhaled and got in my eyes really messed me up. Lungs feel sore and my eyes are fuzzy. It felt like ammonia in my eyes
Holy shit!! That is horrible. Hope you're ok or at least feeling better now. I would think that Ford would bend over backwards for you at this time. I would not take this car either. Ford should replace it with a brand new car.

faztcobra

Established Member
But that payment is RIDICULOUS
It is ridiculous. These cars aren't cheap or even close to it anymore. Hell, just 2 years ago, I brought my premium 2012 GT with Brembo package for $30,600 before TTL. The BASE cars are now stickering for more than my premium did ($37,200) just TWO freakin' years ago.

Zemedici

Established Member
It is ridiculous. These cars aren't cheap or even close to it anymore. Hell, just 2 years ago, I brought my premium 2012 GT with Brembo package for $30,600 before TTL. The BASE cars are now stickering for more than my premium did ($37,200) just TWO freakin' years ago.

yeah its insane. The 2015s are getting crazy priced, like into the upper echelons where the F150s are. 40k+ for a mustang is insane unless its a Shelby, imo. Decently equipped F150s are 40k+ as well. Ford's just getting crazy expensive. I know its apples to oranges but a New Ram decently equipped is arouind 30 or so.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
yeah its insane. The 2015s are getting crazy priced, like into the upper echelons where the F150s are. 40k+ for a mustang is insane unless its a Shelby, imo. Decently equipped F150s are 40k+ as well. Ford's just getting crazy expensive. I know its apples to oranges but a New Ram decently equipped is arouind 30 or so.

this. way too expensive anymore

Novakid69

Established Member
I have to chime in and say I would want no piece of that car, tell them to fix it and do whatever they want with it but you want a new car period! If the dealer doesn't want to take care of you then go higher up. And as far as the rental goes, it usually comes down to the dealership. I had a brand new 2011 F350 6.7 power stroke blow an egr cooler at 2900 miles, took it to my dealer and said I need a car and the service manager gave me his Escape.

01GTB

Established Member
I feel for ya, OP. It sucks knowing there are people out there enjoying their 15's while yours is stuck at the dealer awaiting a decision on the cause and resolution. It's like lusting after the popular girl, finally getting a date with her, and then finding out she's a total bitch.

Last edited:

nycarpenter

Established Member
I'm not looking for troube like that. Shit happens. Just want the car taken care of. I spent over $40,000 on it

You are out of your mind to let them give you this car back. This is you only time to dump this problem child.. DO IT...

Alien STI

Established Member
You are out of your mind to let them give you this car back. This is you only time to dump this problem child.. DO IT...
This!!!! You weren't looking for trouble when you bought that brand new 15! Get rid of it now if possible, because it looks like trouble is headed your way. Especially with a car your paying 700 a month for that's in the shop more than on the road smh.

Grant808

Established Member
I'd get in touch with Deysha if you have any issues with the dealer. She's been able to help a lot of other Mustang owners when dealers are the problem. I think she has an account here, or try over on TMS.

Personally, I wouldn't want that car back since a fire or short like that can burn holes in the floor pan or trans tunnel. I wouldn't want a patch like that in the sheetmetal. IF the damaged parts can be 100% replaced, and the part that shorted could be re-routed, then I'd be okay.

Sounds like a recall is in order...

mystickb1996

Established Member
i have followed your Shelby and all the trouble you went through with that, DO NOT let time repeat itself and this be your next problem. i can tell with the attitude your taking this and hoping they will make it better BUT if they feel your being kinda soft about it and not stern they will draw it out and tell you good things and you'll end up with a quarter or half of what they promised you. your a loyal customer buying a flagship car not to mention your flagship 13-14 shelby you bought new..you deserve a new car no questions asked or your getting a lawyer is my .02
sorry for your troubles

nycarpenter

Established Member
i have followed your Shelby and all the trouble you went through with that, DO NOT let time repeat itself and this be your next problem. i can tell with the attitude your taking this and hoping they will make it better BUT if they feel your being kinda soft about it and not stern they will draw it out and tell you good things and you'll end up with a quarter or half of what they promised you. your a loyal customer buying a flagship car not to mention your flagship 13-14 shelby you bought new..you deserve a new car no questions asked or your getting a lawyer is my .02
sorry for your troubles

^^^^^^++++++11111111111
Listen to Yoda young Jedi. They will piss on you and tell you it's raining. It's your job to shove the umbrella up their a@@ open it and spin!!!!

13GT5.0

Established Member

Not just Ford...blame the federal reserve and the endless printing (QE) for the loss of the dollar's purchasing power.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Your prices aren't very good lol.

The Mustang starts at $32K, if you build a GT Premium with upgraded sound and leather recaros it comes out to $40,300, which is pretty well equipped.

I was curious about the Ram trucks because my buddy bought a 2010 with that tiny 4 door a long time ago, it had cloth seats and stickered for 43K. I went and built one on their website, a Crewcab, Hemi, 4x4 Big Horn model, which is the middle of the road, with 0 options (cloth bench seat, AM/FM radio only) is just barely under 42K. I did the same thing the 2015 F150, Crewcab, 3.5 EB, 4x4, XLT (any higher trim and it's touch screen only and heated/cooled leather seats) and it came out to $40k.

They are quite competitive.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
It happened right down the street from the dealer so I rolled up fumes still coming from the car. Told me to come in the morning for service

Maybe ford will keep this one and give me one. Don't even care if it has a few more miles but I know how this is going to go. It's going to keep breaking

They told you to come back in the morning? Tell me that is not what happened.

They weren't going to give me a rental but my extended warranty covers it

And that is why you buy an MB. I've got clients with 10 year old MB's and when they come in, they roll out in a new C, GLK, or E. Ridiculous they won't get you a car off their lot.

I don't know if we'll get any information from Deysha on this since the word lawyer has been bantered about.

Last edited:

impactblue

Established Member
They told you to come back in the morning? Tell me that is not what happened.

And that is why you buy an MB. I've got clients with 10 year old MB's and when they come in, they roll out in a new C, GLK, or E. Ridiculous they won't get you a car off their lot.

I don't know if we'll get any information from Deysha on this since the word lawyer has been bantered about.

I don't plan on a lawyer in any way. Just want it taken care of. Just want what I paid for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread