My Cobra vs C6 SC

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
OK. So I have finally found my FIRST real (car) asswhup on the street since I've had my Cobra the past 5 years. (I know, I know there are a ton of you guys who are faster. :beer: to you!) Many guys probably don't tell too many lose stories, but this one I won't forget.

It was really late, late Friday night. I had just gotten off the ball fields playing a round robin tournament of men's softball, (not the beer league) so my body was thrashed from 5 hours of game time. I was chilling, driving in 5th on an open 5-lane highway. I'm in the outside lane taking a sweeping long right turn about 70 or so and out of the corner of my eye comes a black C6 in the far inside lane cutting hard and making an ass-load of engine noise.

Oh no – this is not what I want right now. I'm beat to hell physically and this nasty sounding Vette is gonna wanna run when he sees my snake emblem glow under the next light. (I have run a few stock C6s and have not lost.) But, at that very moment when I saw (or heard) this guy, I felt I was going down, weird.

Anyway, I have my windows down. He comes over 3 lanes and gets next to me. I then notice he is sporting white shoe polish numbers on the windows. He downshifts, revvs a couple times and I hear the Centi SC in his engine. "Uh huh, Yeah." I think to myself... His windows roll down and I am laughing hard waving my head and hands that I don't want none-a-dat and motion him to just move on. He ain't having it. He hangs with me in tight formation, driving in high RPMS, waiting.

I look ahead and see there is no one in front of us, behind us, no radar signals... no one anywhere around at all and there is a very faint fog and orange streetlight glows... kinda eerie, I remember. Just my DSG and a Black C6.

OK, so lets do this.

We are about 60. I drop into 3rd, honk it off 3 times and nail it. My windows are still down and the sound bouncing off the tall retaining walls on both sides of the freeway is wicked. Hell hath opened upeth with trumpeting superchargers and exhaust!

I stay with him through most of third gear. At the end of third, he has about a fender on me and is starting to walk away strong. I shift hard to 4th and try to keep up. I'm running strong, but it ain't enough. He is moving out of dodge and by the end of 4th he has about 2 or 3 full lengths on me maybe more. Shift 5th ~ eh fuggit. Shut down.

He slows and we do it again, but I get a lil rip from second, but still lose. And again. And again. Same results. 0-4

We pull over at the exit and talk. I congratulate him and ask about his car. It is a bad mofo. The first thing he says: "Its stock, plus a Vortech SuperCharger and a tune" I laugh and say "well stock and SC don't belong in the same sentence for this car". (I did not ask about his exhaust, but it did sound aftermarket.) He told me he was making 550 rwhp, showed me his time slip from that night and I believe he ran very low 11's in the 130-something range. He was a cool guy. We shook hands and split.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice death, lol but "stock" meaning stock motor (not built) As im sure you knew.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good death! You've got a strong running car, so getting beat is no big deal since it means the other car was an animal!

disasterpiece83

Got Beast?
Established Member
Great race! Goes to show you driver mod is very important. Probably should have lost by a bus. Should be happy with that death!

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
It was a blast... would have rather won, but ya know.
The result of this outcome is even worse with me really wanting a twin screw setup.

Need that "she" money big time.

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
Great race! Goes to show you driver mod is very important. Probably should have lost by a bus. Should be happy with that death!

Yeah man you did a hell of a job keeping that close to him. He had more rwhp, & about 5-600 less lbs and you kept it pretty damn close with your mods. Good job & great runs :beer:

exdeath

Established Member
Sounds like a cocky douche, you told him you didn't want to run, and he wouldn't drop it because hes a pussy that only goes for easy kills. Next Vette driver that gives me a holier than thou smirk is getting raped in your name.

I've been slowly losing respect for Vettes, around here they are all stock non Z and driven by middle age guys who barely know where to put the gas in and who only seem to care that its new and says Corvette on the bumper, much like BMW badge whores, and they like to go out of their way to park next to peoples beaters in parking lots with hundreds of empty spaces and talk about how it has 400 hp :rollseyes

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Sounds like a cocky douche, you told him you didn't want to run, and he wouldn't drop it because hes a pussy that only goes for easy kills. Next Vette driver that gives me a holier than thou smirk is getting raped in your name.

I've been slowly losing respect for Vettes, around here they are all stock non Z and driven by middle age guys who barely know where to put the gas in and who only seem to care that its new and says Corvette on the bumper, much like BMW badge whores, and they like to go out of their way to park next to peoples beaters in parking lots with hundreds of empty spaces and talk about how it has 400 hp :rollseyes

:rollseyes
Yupp Were ALL like that ...lmao, :sleeping:

exdeath

Established Member
:rollseyes
Yupp Were ALL like that ...lmao, :sleeping:

No not all, but sadly you guys are out numbered by garage queens and parking lot trophies. Then again this is Tucson, mecca of midlife crisis 40-50 yr olds trying to stay relevant, so it isn't exactly the best representation :lol1:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Every type of car group has them.......there are termi owners here that are Dusch bags too........just saying don't roll up every vette owner into one category. I can't stand certain cars myself but have respect for the owner and his car if he isn't a tool. Yeah he egged him to race but in the end the OP raced him and had a good time even in death.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Wow man, I am surprised you stayed with him that long. A c6 making 100whp than you and trapping 130-something should be a sure rape over a 450/450ish pullied cobra.

itSSlow98

Established Member

Well, talking about cocky. :loser:

Guys like you are the reason im building an ls1/t56 93 coupe.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Next Vette driver that gives me a holier than thou smirk is getting raped in your name.

Lol, just make sure you pick on the right Vette and not something like my FRC :lol1:

Last edited:

exdeath

Established Member
Well, talking about cocky. :loser:

Guys like you are the reason im building an ls1/t56 93 coupe.

Guys like the one that hunted down OP knowing he was likely faster and just wanted to pick on someone are the reason I'm going turbo 5.4 for added insurance.

Im all for wasting douches who are out picking fights or trying to show off, but its uncalled for when someone indicates they don't wish to run and they keep getting bullied by someone with a superiority complex.

Just one of my pet peeves on the road. Even if its a ricer and they pipe down and make it clear they don't want to run, I make it a point to respect that and not be a pompous asshole.

Im a fond believer of such principles as speak softly and carry a big stick, do unto others, and not being corrupted by power.

PS I also gave a Terminator owner shit here when he bragged about going out of his way to hunt down and beat up a stock 2010 SS who didn't want to run. I don't play well with bullies.

Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Wow exdeath.
You should play on my ball team when we are the underdogs and bring out the big stick!

Users who are viewing this thread