My girlfriend got me on one

KotnmthKng

Established Member
So my turn signal started acting up, just the left one. I figured it was the erratic turn signal problems I have heard of on here and I was all set to buy the multi-function switch to fix it. Well my girlfriend noticed it when she was in the car and asked if one of my headlights or taillights was burnt out. Im like no, why? Shes like well thats what it means when your turn signal flashes faster than normal. I went and looked and sure enough my left most brake light on the left taillight was burnt out. I couldnt believe it. I just put in the lightbar last week (pics are coming dont worry), and I figured that messed something up or it was just coincidence.

I never heard of that, but this is the newest car I have owned. She has always had newer cars so I guess that why she knew about it. Anyone else ever have their girlfriend, or someone who doesnt know much about cars, 1up them?

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
It happens to me every once in a while. It sucks when it is something like that too cuz it's a pretty common fact and you feel dumb for not knowing. :shrug:

SVTContique

No, all the girls i know are dumb and dont know anything about cars.

Or maybe it's just that i'm smarter than them

SVTContique

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
My girl surprizes me every so often with her half decent knowlege of cars, and I have now somehow brain washed her enough that she's dead set on getting a white SN-95 Cobra next year when her lease is up on her stupid Jetta :)

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
my mom likes telling the story of when her and my dad went on a date - they were driving her old VW bug. It started raining and the windshield wipers stopped working and my mom said "well, i guess the spare tire is low on air' my dad laughed and made fun of her...then they pulled off to a gas station filled up the spare and the wipers worked...hehehe

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Ciotti said:
My girl surprizes me every so often with her half decent knowlege of cars, and I have now somehow brain washed her enough that she's dead set on getting a white SN-95 Cobra next year when her lease is up on her stupid Jetta :)

I convinced my girlfriend to want a 99-04 saleen. Her mom will only help her out if she gets a new car though so she's getting the new altima coupe. 270hp ain't bad for an altima.

COBRASVT

Established Member
Khameleon said:

Bet they're smart enough to only click "post" once. ;)

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Doug said:
my mom likes telling the story of when her and my dad went on a date - they were driving her old VW bug. It started raining and the windshield wipers stopped working and my mom said "well, i guess the spare tire is low on air' my dad laughed and made fun of her...then they pulled off to a gas station filled up the spare and the wipers worked...hehehe

thats the "peoples car" for ya

351inside

Established Member
damn, i dont think that has happened to me yet, and i dont think it will happen anytime soon, the girl im dating right now is smart in alot of things, just not cars at all... LOL the time we went to the track i had to explain why they had to do burn outs, she said she hates it when guys do that to ry and show off... LOL

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
albino96 said:
I convinced my girlfriend to want a 99-04 saleen. Her mom will only help her out if she gets a new car though so she's getting the new altima coupe. 270hp ain't bad for an altima.

Dude, the EXACT same thing happened with my girl and her parents, that's why she is stuck with this gay ass 2006 Jetta right now that she not only hates but she's pissing away $250 a month on and at the end of the lease next year she will have NOTHING to show for. It took her 6 months to realize how dumb she was for doing it and how much she hated the car, at which point I got to say I TOLD YOU SO over and over and over again. It may take them some time but they eventually learn what we told them in the first place is correct :)

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
my friend chad used to date a girl named nikki that was a mechanic. we were going to do a heads and cam swap on his LS1 at her dad's shop. While me and chad were making sure we had everything, we go into the shop ad she already had the intake off and was working on the front cover...

motor_head

BLUE OVAL BULLY
Established Member
noooooooooooo ...........................but does your girlfriend have a younger sister?????????????perferably under 5'7, smart, hair not too short, but long enough, pretty brown eyes and body to match?????????????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread