My LS arrived today.... F***ING AMAZING!

bull3441

Established Member
Wow, I'm really impressed with this car. I sold my '08 GT500, which was fully built and had an L&M long block, to get the LS. Totally worth it. I put on 130 miles in a few hours just joy riding. I or someone else would be dead if I took turns in my Shelby like I did in the LS. The shifter is better than expected and the tranny isn't bad either. Much much more fun to drive than the GT500.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
So whats the price? Are they better then the 2013 gt500's?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NJSP117

Established Member
Congrats! It is a fun car for sure...great power and the way it's geared makes it a blast to drive. And it's power that's usable on the street. More so IMO than the GT500.
I sold mine as well and picked up a boss....awesome car!

Dadz500

Established Member
I paid MSRP, so $49,990. As far better than the GT500, that's up to the individual.

My personal opinion is that there is not a better Mustang out there then the Boss, then toss in it being an LS and you have a WINNER. I love mine. I sold my 13' GT500 to get my 13' LS and there is nothing I will miss and have 0 regrets. I still have a Shelby, but my Boss' are my car of choice. They handle like there is no tomorrow out of the box and they sound amazing with the Track Key and the restrictors removed.

Congrats on your new LS. What color did you get?

Dadz500

Established Member
Black. Just need to tint it and it will look perfect.

Here you go, Black with 20%.
LGBoss.jpg

svt1111

Established Member
Congrats on the LS!

I agree with Dadz, one of the best Mustangs ever. Usually after about 6 months of owning a car, I start to get bored even after serious HP mods. I start looking at Autotrader and skimming dealerships for another car. All I've done so far to mine is a tune and off road exhaust. And I'm perfectly content with it, which for me is not normal. I even have a D1SC and all supporting mods in my garage that will bolt right up to this car. No desire to put it on, the car is too good as it is now to me.

With the Boss, I still feel like the first week of ownership. I think that is the best way I can describe it. Its still fun to drive, fun to look at, and gives you a sense of pride every time you drive it. Plus it makes a great multi use car: cruise night, drag race, road race, date night with your wife. It does it all and does it all WELL.

My advice is to get some time on track. Do as many HPDE's as you can. Only then will you truly appreciate all the car you have. These cars are WAY much more than dyno queens or 1/4 mile queens. They can compete with, and usually be faster than, cars in the next price bracket coming from Germany. There is nothing more fun ( besides wasting Camaro's at the strip) running down new M3's and passing 911's on a road course. And this from someone who loves M3's and 911's! lol.

Para81

Established Member
Congrats on the LS!
With the Boss, I still feel like the first week of ownership. I think that is the best way I can describe it. Its still fun to drive, fun to look at, and gives you a sense of pride every time you drive it. Plus it makes a great multi use car: cruise night, drag race, road race, date night with your wife. It does it all and does it all WELL.

The Boss sounds like a real jack of all trades, just like the 911. I think we got an instant classic :beer:

I also feel a lot more comfortable bringing a Boss to the track vs. bringing a 911. When stuff breaks on a Porsche you really got to open your wallet sometimes.

Last edited:

Sniper342

Established Member
Congrats on the LS!

I agree with Dadz, one of the best Mustangs ever. Usually after about 6 months of owning a car, I start to get bored even after serious HP mods. I start looking at Autotrader and skimming dealerships for another car. All I've done so far to mine is a tune and off road exhaust. And I'm perfectly content with it, which for me is not normal. I even have a D1SC and all supporting mods in my garage that will bolt right up to this car. No desire to put it on, the car is too good as it is now to me.

My advice is to get some time on track. Do as many HPDE's as you can. Only then will you truly appreciate all the car you have. These cars are WAY much more than dyno queens or 1/4 mile queens. They can compete with, and usually be faster than, cars in the next price bracket coming from Germany. There is nothing more fun ( besides wasting Camaro's at the strip) running down new M3's and passing 911's on a road course. And this from someone who loves M3's and 911's! lol.

Right on, exactly how I feel.

Dadz500

Established Member
Congrats! It is a fun car for sure...great power and the way it's geared makes it a blast to drive. And it's power that's usable on the street. More so IMO than the GT500.
I sold mine as well and picked up a boss....awesome car!

I figured you might like it more then the GT500, glad you are so happy with it. Did your spoiler come in yet? I got a Laguna spoiler for my red one and a GT500 Spoiler for the white one.

Dadz500

Established Member
The Boss sounds like a real jack of all trades, just like the 911. I think we got an instant classic :beer:

I also feel a lot more comfortable bringing a Boss to the track vs. bringing a 911. When stuff breaks on a Porsche you really got to open your wallet sometimes.

It is an instant classic in my mind and a Jack of all trades for sure.

Jroc

Established Member
I would love to be able to afford a new Boss 302 LS. My only beef with the car is the color options suck ballz. Surprisingly even black sucks on them, as it kind of kills the theme that their hockey sticks and everything else are wanting to show. LS's need red, white, and blue(American flag :idea:) etc colors. The colors they come in aren't ugly, they're just meh just like regular Boss 302 wheels look meh being all blacked out.

Still I would love to have a new Boss 302 LS in yellow. I would get it tuned to turn over 8000 RPM's and then I would **** with the VTAK and M3 guys about RPM's our motors turn.
2012 Boss 302 Redline (459 whp @ 8250 RPM) - YouTube

Congrats on the new car OP. A Boss 302 LS would likely be my first choice in Mustang if I could pick any.

Users who are viewing this thread