My new Bloodhound pup...

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Well as some of you know by reading my "I'm gonna miss her" thread I lost my 11 year old chocolate lab Allie on Valentines day. Our house hasn't been the same since and I think about her every day.

My wife dropped a hint that a puppy might be a good idea and when puppies are involved I don't have much self discipline. A friend at work picked up a Bloodhound male last week from a litter near by and told me about them. My wife and I have been talking about Bloodhounds forever and this just came at a time that seemed too perfect.

I picked her up on Friday morning and brought her home w/o telling my wife about her. I wanted a female and got to pick out of the 3 females in the litter. She looked at me with the perfect eyes and a very nice smart bump (just like my choco lab Allie had) and I didn't even look at the other 2 females. Love at first sight for sure. I know Allie would approve of her and I just hope she is 1/2 as smart as Allie was.

Shes about 7 weeks now and we decided on the name Jupiter. So without further ado, meet Jupiter Cypert:

Juju10.jpg

Juju9.jpg

Juju8.jpg

Juju7.jpg

Juju6.jpg

Juju5.jpg

Juju4.jpg

Juju3.jpg

Juju2.jpg

JuJu1.jpg

Juju.jpg

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Man bloodhounds are awesome dogs. I love them. Sorry to hear about your loss but Jupiter will fill some of the void

JPD5801

Established Member
+1 on the smart bump, what's that?

The smart bump is actually just the back part of the skull. If you look at the first pic, where the back of her head comes to a bit of a point, that is the smart bump. It is more pronounced on some breeds. Legend is the larger the bump, the smarter the dog. . .

You can see it on my lab if you follow the line of the front of his ear to the top of his head.

3155141828_5f9f176d60.jpg

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
The smart bump is actually just the back part of the skull. If you look at the first pic, where the back of her head comes to a bit of a point, that is the smart bump. It is more pronounced on some breeds. Legend is the larger the bump, the smarter the dog. . .

You can see it on my lab if you follow the line of the front of his ear to the top of his head.

3155141828_5f9f176d60.jpg

Thanks for posting that. Very good explanation! Thats exactly what I was referring to. :beer:

Thanks for all of the compliments. She is cute for sure. She is a lot of trouble but its impossible to get mad at her lol. OH, THE JOYS OF HAVING A PUPPY! :p

xenon

Established Member
You don't see many people getting these dog breeds very often so it's refreshing to my eyes. Congrats!

We run a dog supply website so if you are ever in need of anything for your dog, shoot me a PM and I can set you up with a custom coupon code to save you some $$$.

Good luck with the training!

Users who are viewing this thread