My "NEW" DD and it wears a bowtie...

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I just picked this up last weekend in Portland Oregon from a female that owned it! Anyway its a '78 and its probably one of the cleanest ORIGINAL ones I've ever seen. No rust anywhere, not a dent or a ding in the body. It's got a mildly built 355, 9.5:1 compression, Dart iron eagle heads, highrise dual plane edelbrock intake, Holley carb, "small" comp cam, headers, dual 2.5" all the way out, rebuilt trans with shift kit and 2500 stall, 3.73 posi rear. I will be cutting the Z28 tails off and running Nova style turndowns behind the rear tire as well lowering it with Eibach springs and swapping out the wheels for some Weld Draglites

Crappy cell phone pics (its all I've got for a camera)
IMAG0372-1-1_zps07636df3.jpg

IMAG0373-1_zps603f3526.jpg

IMAG0371-1_zpsc156c57b.jpg

Idle vid: coming shortly

stangposse

Established Member
Car is mint!! Not the most efficient DD, but who cares as long as its comfortable and reliable. Turn down pipes are an improvement....I prefer the pipes that come out slanted behind the tires. You MUST post pics when you are done making changes!! Good luck with it!

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's a DD guys, no need for all that in a DD. :nonono:

All I'd do is the turn downs like you said. Otherwise the wheel/tire combo on it now works good!

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments everyone. It really is as clean as it looks. I forgot to mention that its only got 61,000 original miles on the clock!:banana:

Sick! nice find for sure. Can I ask how much?

I got it for $4000 and I feel that its worth every penny.

My grandfather still has his '77 Monte Carlo he bought brand new. Red on Red lol.

That's gangster

Car is mint!! Not the most efficient DD, but who cares as long as its comfortable and reliable. Turn down pipes are an improvement....I prefer the pipes that come out slanted behind the tires. You MUST post pics when you are done making changes!! Good luck with it!

We might be talking about the same exhaust style. The ones I want are pointed toward the ground and then the sorta kick out at a slight angle. I was
contemplating doing a 2.5" steel cowl hood as well but the original paint is so nice that I just can't bring myself to doing it. And yes I will be posting pics of the updated look in a few weeks.

Here's an idle vid:
player.swf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread