My night out cruising...:D

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Ok well I went out for a little bit today and was cruising the drag....I'm sitting at a light just minding my business listening to Metallica "Fuel", kinda looking to start a race with a early 80's 'vette...Well he doesn't want to play but the Neon R/T next to me might want to.....Well the light turns green and I slide out of there nice and easy, as well as the Neon....Well about 1/8 of a mile ahead the lane he is in merges into mine....He then deciedes its time to punch it, well I had already shifted to like 3rd gear and was doing about 40mph, just cruising along you know....well not to let Neon boy in front of me I just floor it (remind you i'm still in 3rd doing 40)...well I start to pull on him immedietely and as soon as the revs picked up I just walked away, probably 6-8 car lengths before he had to merge...the look on his face was priceless at the next light....just sat there looking at me...So i say to him, next time if you want me to downshift and whoop you worse I will...he turned around and minded his business then....

Next up a guy in a Civic is sitting at the light next to me....Well he starts asking me questions about the car and what not....asking if its a LT1, LS1....Auto or Stick, what I have done.....How much HP it has....I tell him should be just shy of 300, he was like wow, thats almost triple what I have..Im like thats the difference between a four banger and a V8....He was cool, asked alot of questions....I might have even converted him....now I know its not a Ford but its a start right...

Later on in the night a guy in a newer Jeep Cheerokee is reving at me while we sit at the light, I look over throw him a couple revs, he laughs telling me how he smokes 'stangs and Camaros all the time with his POS truck....So I'm like ahhh yeah whatever....Well the light turns green and he takes off...I start out nice and slow avoiding all wheel spin....after I get moving I floor it and take off....Shift to second at 5800RPMS, and get a nice sideways motion going while doing so....Well third came up pretty quick and so his headlights in the rear view....lets just say after he got his ass handed to him he was just a small little dot in my mirror....

All in All a very nice night, weather was perfect hope it stays this way through Friday....:thumbsup:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
So you wasted gas on a neon and a putz in a Cherokee? :D He might of had a 360 Cherokee and raced 6-pot Stangs and thought he was da chit...

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Great kills Tony. How much is premium where you live? Oh well, I guess it was worth it to teach those ricers a lesson. And of course that bada$$ jeep. :beer: :beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraDOHC
..the look on his face was priceless at the next light....just sat there looking at me...So i say to him, next time if you want me to downshift and whoop you worse I will...
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

92LX5.0

Established Member
lol, I saw you that night man. I was along side of you on my moped. Dude, next time give me a head start. :coolman:

DLV

Established Member
Grand Cherokee

Sorry to nitpick, but the 360 only came in the Grand Cherokees. The Cherokee's all come with the 4.0 straight six. We just traded our '96 Grand w\ the 4.0 for a '02 Grand Overland with the H.O. 4.7. It has 20 more horse than the 360 but about 25 lbs. less torque, all at a higher RPM, of course. The 360 has a faster 0-60 and qm but I might take it on the highway. But I know what you mean about the Cherokees. When I still had my 2000 GT 'vert, I was coming home from work and I was passing this Cherokee who was in the fast lane. All of a sudden I hear this racket from his engine. Still owning the Grand Cherokee with the 4.0 at this time I instantly recognized it as six straight cylinders giving their all. Why he would bother flooring it in an attempt to cut me off is beyond me. Needless to say, I cut back in front of him with yards to spare, and turned my head so he could see me laughing at his attempts. The top was down, so he got a clear view of the 'dis'.:punch:

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
I'm sorry ment to say GRAND Cherokee...Also it was worth the $1.65 or so cost of gas....You gotta keep the Ricers and the "hard asses" in line otherwise they end up talking shit everytime the see a "muscle car" out and about......;-)

Users who are viewing this thread