Need drag radial advice

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Buy set of cheap 16" mustang take off wheels. Toss on a set of 26x10.50x16 MT ET streets.. The slick..not the ET Street radials.

Ive gone 1.6's with bone stock IRS and never had any issues with breaking or wheel hop

50q's

Established Member
If I were buying radials I would and do have a spare set of rims. You want to go fast get a radial. Yes, they are more aggressive but if you want to hook up go radial. Hoosier or Thompson. the new 275 by mickey is mean, shoulder radial is also mean.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
I plan on doing a setup like this.

I think the rims are diamond racing. Had a buddy that had this on his Whippled terminator.
With some et streets.

9e4ureva.jpg

eberurup.jpg

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
295/45/17 MT Drag Radial. 10.30's all day long with 1.5x 60ft's Best tire for a 17" rim that requires no modding.

Then...

Slicks and skinnies the next weekend and go 10.0's and 9.9x's

If you want the Econo setup find some sn95 16" rims and go buy some 26x11.5x16 ET Streets or Hoosier QtP. Better yet sack up and put a slick on it.

No ****s Given on Raceday...my motto

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
If you are serious, you will buy 2 extra wheels for bias ply slicks.

Run your drag radials on the street if you want, if you know it's not going to rain.

As old as these cars are and as long as guys have been drag racing them, to not be able to find tire sizes or which tire type is best for the peculiarities of an SVT Cobra IRS is a little bit ridiculous.

Drag radials do work, however look and see what kind of tires are on 90% of the "I totaled my Terminator"(in the rain) threads.(search function works good for this too)

And coincidentally the same tires also show up on most of the "I destroyed my IRS when I launched" threads.

Notiice I didn't say all.:bored: I said MOST!

This!:beer::rockon:

.........and if your serious about wanting the most control and feel possible match your bias play rears with bias ply fronts.

I plan on doing a setup like this.

I think the rims are diamond racing. Had a buddy that had this on his Whippled terminator.
With some et streets.

Econo as it gets right here. Spare wheels on the front with bias ply M+H mounted, M+H 26" x 16" x 11.5" cheater slicks with tubes, and used Diamond Racing Joe Lynch Specials. No mods needed to anything, no spacers needed, good for 1.51 60' launcing an Eaton at 3k rpm.

Track2-19-10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread