Need Engine

LincolnNECobra

Hi - I have a '98 Cobra, and a rod went through the block. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced engine for sale? My Cobra is exceptionally nice, and I don't want to see it go to a salvage yard. Any leads on an engine would be very appreciated.

LincolnNECobra

If you still need this and can wait until March, I'm removing my built engine and will be selling complete longblock.
Sure thing - what kind of engine is it that you have, is it an SVT that would fit my '98? What can you tell me about it? Thank you for reaching out to me - much appreciated! Mike

bird_dog0347

Established Member
I'd say just find a Teksid block (like the one you have), and get new rotating assembly then have it built using your old heads (assuming they are good). That way you know exactly what you're getting vs. running a used engine. It might cost a bit more, but for the peace of mind I'd say it's worth it.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Sure thing - what kind of engine is it that you have, is it an SVT that would fit my '98? What can you tell me about it? Thank you for reaching out to me - much appreciated! Mike
My original 97 Cobra engine. Teksid aluminum block, ARP rod bolts, ARP main studs, Manley forged h-beam rods, Manley forged pistons, stock forged crank balanced, heads were cleaned up with very light porting and a 5 angle valve job, new FRPP oil pump, etc.

LincolnNECobra

My original 97 Cobra engine. Teksid aluminum block, ARP rod bolts, ARP main studs, Manley forged h-beam rods, Manley forged pistons, stock forged crank balanced, heads were cleaned up with very light porting and a 5 angle valve job, new FRPP oil pump, etc.
Wow, sounds nice. What's the approx mileage on this? What might you be looking for a price on it? Where are you located? Appreciate you reaching out to me.

LincolnNECobra

~15k miles, Knoxville, TN
Cool! I actually have a very close friend of mine who lives in Knoxville. We were in the Marine Corps together, and he's now in the TN National Guard there, in an armored calvary unit. I've been there several times. Calhoun's by the river close to the campus is a great place to eat.
What might you be looking for ($) for your engine when it's available? My Cobra is just sitting in my garage - I know it's not doing it a lot of good to just sit. As I mentioned, it's a beautiful car. Would love to see it on the road again. Would be fun to get it on the Dragon Tail.

Users who are viewing this thread