Need Help Anyone

Vigilante

Established Member
Hello I have visited and loved this site and was wondering if anyone could help me. MY DD was involved in a hit and run accident *long story* I have a witness and his plate number and I have reported it to the police. After they call me back, what happens? Also is there anyway to help the police? Sorry for so many questions and thanks for help in advance.

jimljr145

Jimljr145
Established Member
So long as you provided all this information to the Police, there is not really anything you should have to do. Once provided with the tag of the accused vehicle, so long as it comes back to a vehicle (It is the correct tag number, or, it is not fictitious) contact should be made to that person / vehicle, to find out what their side is.. The investigating officer should also speak with the witness. You may want to give the officer a few days, as this is not always a two minute deal, before calling him / her and questioning the progress. People that run from crashes generally have much more to worry about than a careless driving ticket. In NJ, if there were injuries, this has now become a crime, beyond a traffic violation. I don't know the laws of AZ, so maybe someone from there could guide you better. Also make sure you contact your insurance company, if you havn't done so.

Users who are viewing this thread