Need help identifying a wheel

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hoping someone can help me here in identifying this wheel's brand if possible. It's on a 2005 M3 and it's obviously one of those styles that is widely used by many brands. Results we found using the HM127 got us pointed toward Avant Garde and their Ruger Mesh wheel seemed to be a close fit, but we also saw Enkei come up although Enkei doesn't have a factory in Taiwan. BMW makes a similar wheel also but the markings don't match up.

This is for an insurance claim so I it will only get the one wheel which it is why it is important to match up. I realize I could probably get better results on a BMW forum but figured I would try here since there are plenty of BMW and wheel enthusiasts and even wheel manufacturers. @Steve@TF

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220826-121008_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220826-121015_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220826-121021_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220826-121025_Gallery.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i got no clue lol. but if one replacement cant be found i would think they would need to replace all of them. could be some type of wheel replica.

if they will only pay for one new oem wheel, being an M car, the cost of that should be enough to buy a whole new set of AG wheels. i would imagine one new M wheel would be close to $2k.

insurance is supposed to make you whole again. having mismatched wheels is not whole.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
i got no clue lol. but if one replacement cant be found i would think they would need to replace all of them. could be some type of wheel replica.

if they will only pay for one new oem wheel, being an M car, the cost of that should be enough to buy a whole new set of AG wheels. i would imagine one new M wheel would be close to $2k.

insurance is supposed to make you whole again. having mismatched wheels is not whole.

Appreciate the input Steve. I called Avant Garde and talked to one of their guys and he said this is a really common and old wheel and it does match theirs but it is also made by a bunch of other companies and he said the sizes and offsets vary widely. He also said that specific wheel is being I phased out for the most part because of how old it is. He said the same thing as you with basically changing out the whole set because matching it is going to be incredibly hard to do.

Looks like my questions have been answered! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread