Need Nitrous Help

wasmstc

Established Member
I have a '96 Cobra, I installed a NOS Sniper wet kit on my car and am shooting a 75 shot(roughly). The car sputters when on the button, does not sputter at WOT without nitrous though. I say roughly because we thought that changing the jets up a little could make a difference. Started by bumping the fuel up from a 28 to a 32 and that made it worse. Then put the 28 back in the fuel side and bumped the nitrous jet up to a 40 from a 38, with this jetting it ran the best but sputtered around 6k rpms, then i tried it one last time right after that test pass and it sputtered starting sooner. Then we dropped the fuel down to a 24 just to see if it was running too rich and it sputtered again. All I can think of is getting new TR6's and a new fuel filter. The car has TR6's installed by previous owner. No clue what the gap is. Any ideas? Also, I had a nitrous tune but the tune is for a 125 and it seemed really rich so I just put it on the stock tune after the first test pass.

spike_africa

Established Member
You need 40 nitrous and 28 fuel for a 75hp shot. I wouldn't be spraying the car without new plugs and fresh filter for sure. It shouldn't spudder on a 75 shot. Are you're IMCR plates working correctly? Where is the nozzle located at?

wasmstc

Established Member
You need 40 nitrous and 28 fuel for a 75hp shot. I wouldn't be spraying the car without new plugs and fresh filter for sure. It shouldn't spudder on a 75 shot. Are you're IMCR plates working correctly? Where is the nozzle located at?
Imrc's are deleted. Thanks for the reply. Car worked best with that jetting. Just not great. Ill post once the new plugs and filter are in.

dark-knight

Established Member
could be blowing the spark out if the gap isnt set correctly. But do like said above:

-new tr6 plugs gapped correctly
-new fuel filter
- and just for shiggles. go over your wiring and make sure you have good connections.

wasmstc

Established Member
Just an update, swapped plugs and gapped them at .035, changed the fuel filter also. Loaded my nitrous tune and let her rip. Worked perfectly, Im running 42n 28f jets, now the sickness begins!

Bimmer1999

Established Member
sounds like the gap was off. But remember for nitrous and FI run non projected plugs like br7ef 3346 not the tr6. The tr6 is projected tip and run the risk of burning the strap off.

Users who are viewing this thread