Need some quick advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Kick rocks

Just stop posting. You should tint the front window too.

Then get a vinyl wrap on the hood of your car that says "**** tha po-po" Install a pink flashing light on the top of your car. And make sure you turn your stereo up real loud while listening to "pussy control" in the Police Dept. parking lot.

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
In Mb the legal amount is 50% on the side on cars not sure what the back is. I put 35% all the way around so that its dark but not so dark i'm begging to get pulled over in the city, and now i hear they are upping there quota and are giving tickets for not having washer fluid in your car. So go with 35% its not as dark and looks better than the 50%. I Had 5% in the back of my corvette and 35% on the sides 4:30 in the morning going through the city had a cop pull right beside me i acknowledged him and he did the same, could have given him a reason to pull me over but since it wasn't so darka nd he could see me its harder to tell what the tint is. i'd rather be safe than sorry by putting a little lighter than dark

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
In Mb the legal amount is 50% on the side on cars not sure what the back is. I put 35% all the way around so that its dark but not so dark i'm begging to get pulled over in the city, and now i hear they are upping there quota and are giving tickets for not having washer fluid in your car. So go with 35% its not as dark and looks better than the 50%. I Had 5% in the back of my corvette and 35% on the sides 4:30 in the morning going through the city had a cop pull right beside me i acknowledged him and he did the same, could have given him a reason to pull me over but since it wasn't so darka nd he could see me its harder to tell what the tint is. i'd rather be safe than sorry by putting a little lighter than dark

this is either :bs: or canadians are dumber than most Americans believe

Boss3209

Established Member
I can chime in on this one:

NC GS 20-127 allows cars to be tinted 35% with a 3% variance for ALL the windows on your car. There are NO points for a window tint ticket but the fine is $290.00. It is a misdemeanor which means you can be arrested for the violation if the same Officer/Trooper stops you for it and chooses to go that route instead of giving you a ticket if you don't get in compliance.

NC tint law also allows out of state vehicles to be cited under NC law if the tint is in violation of that states tint law.

Hope this helps you decide what to do.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I can chime in on this one:

NC GS 20-127 allows cars to be tinted 35% with a 3% variance for ALL the windows on your car. There are NO points for a window tint ticket but the fine is $290.00. It is a misdemeanor which means you can be arrested for the violation if the same Officer/Trooper stops you for it and chooses to go that route instead of giving you a ticket if you don't get in compliance.

NC tint law also allows out of state vehicles to be cited under NC law if the tint is in violation of that states tint law.

Hope this helps you decide what to do.

Did you happen to read that the OP needs to know about Virginia law? :bored:

Boss3209

Established Member
Did you happen to read that the OP needs to know about Virginia law? :bored:

Well since he is going to school in NC and says he will be in VA during the summer and it isn't summer yet, I figured he was worried about getting a ticket between now and then. :bored:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Well since he is going to school in NC and says he will be in VA during the summer and it isn't summer yet, I figured he was worried about getting a ticket between now and then. :bored:

noobs :nonono:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
How is that a Noob response ?? He stated he was going school in NC and was going to be in VA for the summer? so it is possible he could be cited in either state. :dw:

Considering he is legal in NC, that isnt the issue.

Boss3209

Established Member
Considering he is legal in NC, that isnt the issue.

He is not legal in NC if he has 20% tint on his car. Any lower than 32% is a violation, he said he has 50% on the sides and 20% on the rear and in NC on a passenger car, ALL the windows have to be 32% or higher and he can have tint from the top of the windshield down 5" or to the AS1 line, whichever is greater.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
He is not legal in NC if he has 20% tint on his car. Any lower than 32% is a violation, he said he has 50% on the sides and 20% on the rear and in NC on a passenger car, ALL the windows have to be 32% or higher and he can have tint from the top of the windshield down 5" or to the AS1 line, whichever is greater.

It is on his rear window and in NC, as with most other states, you do not even need a rear window if you have dual sideview mirrors, just like panel vans. Thus, he is legal.

Regardless, you still miss the point that he was asking about Virginia. But feel free to continue to argue on the interwebz. :bored:

Boss3209

Established Member
It is on his rear window and in NC, as with most other states, you do not even need a rear window if you have dual sideview mirrors, just like panel vans. Thus, he is legal.

NC GS 20-127

(c) Tinting Exceptions. The window tinting restrictions in subsection (b) of this section apply without exception to the windshield of a vehicle. The window tinting restrictions in subdivisions (b)(1) and (b)(2) of this section do not apply to any of the following vehicle windows:

(1) A window of an excursion passenger vehicle, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)a.

(2) A window of a for‑hire passenger vehicle, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)b.

(3) A window of a common carrier of passengers, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)c.

(4) A window of a motor home, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)d2.

(5) A window of an ambulance, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)f.

(6) The rear window of a property‑hauling vehicle, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(31).

(7) A window of a limousine.

(8) A window of a law enforcement vehicle.

A mustang does not fit into this category nor does the law say anything about having dual side view mirrors for an exemption of the rear window being tinted.

Regardless, you still miss the point that he was asking about Virginia. But feel free to continue to argue on the interwebz. :bored:

Well since he does have a rear window and it is tinted 20% he is illegal regardless of dual side mirrors on a passenger car. Never does he specifically say "What is the tint law in VA"

He simply said he lives in VA and goes to school in NC and was worried about getting another ticket and having his license suspended and going to be driving in VA this summer (and since it is not summer yet, he would be driving in NC until then). I was just trying to say that he did not have to worry about points for this violation while driving in NC but it was a hefty fine.

:rockon:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Well since he does have a rear window and it is tinted 20% he is illegal regardless of dual side mirrors on a passenger car. Never does he specifically say "What is the tint law in VA"

He simply said he lives in VA and goes to school in NC and was worried about getting another ticket and having his license suspended and going to be driving in VA this summer (and since it is not summer yet, he would be driving in NC until then). I was just trying to say that he did not have to worry about points for this violation while driving in NC but it was a hefty fine.

:rockon:

Now go read the statute on requiring a rear window.

Go back and re-read his question and apply actual context to it this time.

Boss3209

Established Member
Now go read the statute on requiring a rear window.

Go back and re-read his question and apply actual context to it this time.

I have read and applied N.C.G.S. 20-127 for 20 years, I think I am more familiar with it. I never said anything about "requiring" a rear window, I just said that the rear window on a passenger car IS required to be in compliance with the 35% rule.

Using the link that is available here on the forum, it shows that in NC, the REAR window must have 35% light coming into the vehicle if it is a sedan. The statute does allow pickup trucks and SUV's to have the windows behind the drivers door darker than 35% North Carolina Window Tint Law - TC Window Tint

As I said before, his question did not specifically say VA law, it was saying he drives in both states and was worried about getting some points and losing his license so I think I have the context correct.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
How is that a Noob response ?? He stated he was going school in NC and was going to be in VA for the summer? so it is possible he could be cited in either state. :dw:

Thanks for repeating what the OP said. I read it the first time, noob.

Did I say "noob response"? Nope. Just "noob"

Your join date makes you a noob, noob. Get it? Continuing to take others posts out of context will make you other things. Don't be other things. :bored:

Boss3209

Established Member
Thanks for repeating what the OP said. I read it the first time, noob.

Did I say "noob response"? Nope. Just "noob"

Your join date makes you a noob, noob. Get it? Continuing to take others posts out of context will make you other things. Don't be other things. :bored:

And your attitude toward thinking the more posts you have on an internet forum makes you smarter than someone that is very familiar with what they are talking about shows your level of intelligence.

:bowdown: you have got to be kidding???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread