Need your help -- I need some opinions.

lethal

Established Member
OK, as I have posted here, on October 30th I was rear ended by some knucklehead who could not stop his car in time. He was then rear-ended when abruptly stopped when he hit me, thrusteding his car again into mine. The good news is that I was hit at 10-12 mph, no more. The absorber is dead, the rear cover is going to be replaced -- everything with OEM parts. I found the shop I want to do it... they absolutley do top notch work.

My problem is, the Allstate company (the dude that hit me) put in "time" or "labor" to repair the tips. They are absolutley crushed. The labor is enough to cover the cost of tips, shipped to me and I would put them on. So, they are bolt on, no big deal. I call Magnaflow, no dice, can't get the bolt on tips. They are only sold with the catback systems. So, the other option is to get the weld on aftermarket ones. I was thinking about the rolled edge vs the slash cut. I don't want weld on, what happens when I get rear ended again (hopefully it wont, but you get the idea).

Do I fight Allstate and get them to get me a whole new catback? Do I just accept the fact that I have to have weld on tips? How are the weld on's held up? Is the little hangar present on the Magnflow tips? I was looking at part # 35114 and Magnaflow recommended 35105 (as a closest to direct replacement). What would you guys do?

I've already had enough of a fight with the Allstate company, I made them go after State Farm (the other persons insurance) for 50% of the damage to my car.... I told them they need to pay up, and they will go after the other persons insurance -- I got my way, they agreed -- this is getting really old, really quick.

I need to make a decision, the car goes in Monday, I would have it Tuesday night, gotta have the tips ready.

Thanks for your help---

John

P.S. Per everyone recommendation, they are paying retail for new parts, and they are springing for the rental. Although I have to handle some checks, that will be the extent of my involvment, the rental is direct bill and I got to use the body shop I wanted.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I would try and get a whole new cat-back. There is no use in setteling for anything less than you had before. That's what insurance is there for. I say fight with them, the worst they can do is say no.

lethal

Established Member
Update:

Turns out, Magnaflow will send the stock tips out for an insurance claim, called the Body Shop and they are going to get them. I'm going with getting the car back to where it was. Should be in Monday and out by Tuesday. Thank God.

John

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Any estimates are left open due to unforseen circumstances like this or underlying damage. This is normal becuase there is no way you could catch everthing. You get the estimate from you Body shop for exact replacement. The adjuster will call the shop on this but to find out that that is just the way it only can be replaced.

Think of it like the Older mustang bodies and the 600 dollar rear window replaced for a simple seal that goes around it.

This isnt a big problem and it shouldnt be. I used to run a body shop

Users who are viewing this thread