New 2012 Ford GT with Hybrid power?!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Looks great, just not FGT great. :D Call it something else Ford!

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Looks like the Shelby GR-1
2005-Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-Alumi.jpg

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-06-1024.jpg

Ford-Shelby-GR-1-Concept-FA-1600x12.jpg

I thought the same thing! To big of a front grill opening. That would suck up a lot of rocks and debris!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I had to do a double-take....I "saw" a GR-1 and "read" GT. I like it and the GT and GR-1 blend is obvious. It would be fitting for Ford to reintroduce the GT with an evolutionary twist. I always thought adding a hyrid motor to create an AWD format would be a real performance plus, but I never could square the thought of all that low-end torque advantage on the front wheels alone. Interesting to see how Ford works it out...if this is for real. Hope so.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
No it hasn't because news just came out on it today with word from Derek Kuzak that the programs existence isn't being denied. The details however are not even close to what this article is claiming. There hasn't been any solid details except that it will probably incorporate the hybrid powertrain.

Well, the folks over on Ford GT forum, who have very high up connections at Ford have been saying it is 100% false and there is no FGT sucessor in the works. Just because it hasn't been denied by one person doesn't make it true.

This very same "leak" came out months back. Journalists these days will publish anything that will get attention, even if they have zero proof to back it up.

That pic above is obviously a massive photochop of a few concept cars mashed together. Until there is a least a shred of evidence that appears even 50% correct, this is all speculation.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Haha, when I read "It will take aim at Ferrari, Lamborghini and McLaren by using the most advanced technology available to deliver massive straight-line performance. And our exclusive images predict how the Detroit missile is shaping up." I stopped reading.

Staright-Line performance?

Predicts how it will looK?

Obviously a bad PShop of a GR-1 and an attempt of the magazine to ridiculize Detroit industry a la TopGear.

That article is BS.

f e r

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well, the folks over on Ford GT forum, who have very high up connections at Ford have been saying it is 100% false and there is no FGT sucessor in the works. Just because it hasn't been denied by one person doesn't make it true.

This very same "leak" came out months back. Journalists these days will publish anything that will get attention, even if they have zero proof to back it up.

That pic above is obviously a massive photochop of a few concept cars mashed together. Until there is a least a shred of evidence that appears even 50% correct, this is all speculation.

Well Kuzak is pretty high up and while I know these guys like to play games and keep rumors going a lot of the time when they don't deny projects like these (e.g. Blue Devil/ZR1) there's something going on. Ford is in a good position right now to do something like this. Sure a supercar isn't what they need but a hybrid supercar could bring them so much publicity for the rest of rheir vehicles and they're hybrid developments. I'm sure you understand how it works. I'm just not willing to believe that something of that sort isn't being worked on.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Well Kuzak is pretty high up and while I know these guys like to play games and keep rumors going a lot of the time when they don't deny projects like these (e.g. Blue Devil/ZR1) there's something going on. Ford is in a good position right now to do something like this. Sure a supercar isn't what they need but a hybrid supercar could bring them so much publicity for the rest of rheir vehicles and they're hybrid developments. I'm sure you understand how it works. I'm just not willing to believe that something of that sort isn't being worked on.

It would be great to see them make a part II supercar, but there just isn't anything concrete to back any of these wild claims up. Back that up with the FGT forum guys who basically have hotline access to all black op projects within ford who all say nothing is in the works. There were spy shots of the GT back in 2003, so something like this would likely be 4-5 yrs off.

The Ford brand might be doing good now, but Lincloln is still all F'ed up and needs major work and investment to get them going in the right direction

Users who are viewing this thread