New 3-Piece Air Dam found in trunk.

13Shelby

Established Member
Hey Guys, I found a new in-the-box 3-Piece "Air Dam" in my trunk when I picked up the car; Did everyone get one of these parts? I have no idea why it's there since the lower bumper/splitter is complete and appears intact, the dealer was no help either. It's a low profile, black, textured plastic part with P/N: DR3V-001A04-AC3JA6 description is "S197 SVT AirDam" Maybe it's a free (LOL) replacement for the existing one that will likely suffer some driveway or curb damage in the future. Can anyone shed some light on this piece?? Thanks!

Van@RevanRacing

Hey Guys, I found a new in-the-box 3-Piece "Air Dam" in my trunk when I picked up the car; Did everyone get one of these parts? I have no idea why it's there since the lower bumper/splitter is complete and appears intact, the dealer was no help either. It's a low profile, black, textured plastic part with P/N: DR3V-001A04-AC3JA6 description is "S197 SVT AirDam" Maybe it's a free (LOL) replacement for the existing one that will likely suffer some driveway or curb damage in the future. Can anyone shed some light on this piece?? Thanks!

That's part of your SVT Performance Pack

VaporDude

Established Member
Make sure they didn't scratch your sub if you got the Shaker Pro. My sub was scratched up from the box because someone shoved it in the trunk. The dealer has one waiting for me right now for them to install.

13Shelby

Established Member
Thanks Van, O.K. So does it mount up front below the exisiting spliter? I'll probably end up keeing it safe in the box until the Mojave Mile top speed attempt in May 2013.

farmboy90

Established Member
Yeah, the instructions are in the box. It is basically in 3 pieces. If I recall correctly there are 12 little clips that help it clamp to the existing dam. And I think there are 8 or so screws holding in the existing one that you need to remove and reuse.

David Buschur

Established Member
My dealer told me that was the car cover I ordered when I ordered my car. I was surprised to see it was part of the front air dam. I installed mine rather than taking it back to the dealer. A few tips, before you install it, hold it up under the car and ONLY remove the bolts needed to put it on. Follow the instructions for which one to install first because they lock together. You'll need some small pliers too because there are some clips you HAVE to install that lock it all together.

Word of warning, it makes the nose of the car VERY-VERY-VERY low. I can NOT load the car in my car trailer now. I've got extended ramps on a low enclosed trailer and it still hits, I have to jack the jack way up to get the car in. So if you have to trailer the car.....you may want to just leave it off. I kind of wish I had.

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
FWIW if people aren't aware, the air dam comes in the trunk while the car cover is handled thru the parts department. I know when we took delivery of our car the parts department hadn't even received the cover yet. When we got the car home I opened the box expecting the cover, found the air dam. That's when I called and found that little tidbit out.

David Buschur

Established Member
Yeah, true, I had to pay for mine and order it again once I got the car. One word of advise on the car cover too............it sucks. For sure not worth the money. Yeah it's got a cool picture of a Cobra on it but it's thin, hard to get on the car by yourself (mine is so slippery it slides off and is a bit humorous trying to get it on). I'd highly recommend a different cover over the one from Ford.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I like how Ford did the lower splitter on these cars. Rather than have to replace the entire piece at a much higher costs when the lower parts get scraped, they offer the lower pieces for ~$100. That makes it a no-brainer to put them on the car and if they get banged up, order a new set from Ford.
For comparison, the lower front spoiler on my GT-R's are around $1600 and they entire assembly has to be replaced.
S.

13Shelby

Established Member
Thanks to all who have responded. I'll be leaving it and the car cover in their boxes until I take it to Mojave for a 1 mile speed run in May 2013.:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread