New 300 SRT-8 dyno pics

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
thats badass...I REALLY love the way those cars look. I'd get one in black with black deep dishes with a polished lip (drool).

I just check my Feb. 05' issue of motor trend and they got one to run a 13.2 @ 108. 0-60 in 4.9sec. And curb weight is 4190lbs.

Last edited:

Y2K5SRT

Established Member
ProChargedSnake said:
I work for a "Class 8"(cant say name) truck manufacturer & I get 6-13 % below dealer invoice price on ANY(SRT's included) Dodge,Chrysler, Mercedes, Jeep NEW vehicles. I can also get 5 or 6 "friends" that same discount. If your serious about any of the vehicles above, PM me. I only get so many control # a year, so I can't waste them.

I tried to PM you but the site won't let me PM anybody. Guess I am too new and they figure I will try to sell everybody some muffler bearings or fresh blinker fluid. :rollseyes

Definitely interested and appreciate the offer regardless! :thumbsup:

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Thats cool, I personaly don't care for the car to much and the fact that dodge is promoting this new "hemi" when the heads arn't even hemisphericle. Its like saying your a vegitarian but still eat fish. Its still a nice motor just not a reall hemi. I wonder if anyone would be low enough to sue for false advertising i wouldn't put that past anyone these days. Still I would take that over a minivan or anyother underpowered family car. I'm glad there making cars with same ass to them again but what is dodge thinking when they change the charger to a 4-door :poke: . Now that i would defenitly take as a family car lol.

popecruz

Established Member
Even if it only weighs 4100 lbs, doesn't it look like it weighs as much as an h2 hummer? And someone said that it handles good, what are you comparing it to? A pontoon? I love the engine power though. Good post.

DONTGTBIT

Established Member
I work for a chrysler dealership in Lawrenceville,GA I am patiently waiting for ours to come in, but for now the 300C will have to do. They are putting the 6.1L "HEMI" in the SRT8 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT8 Charger, and the Crysler Firepower which will be for sale early next year possibly with a six speed and live axle, but we will have to see about that. http://www.autoweek.com

bossman429

Established Member
Damn i didnt even know that car existed. HOLY HELL thats alot of power! Make me feel crappy about my GT....

...what do they go for price wise. At least if its a 60k dollar car i wont feel bad that my mustang is a little faster at about 1/5th the price.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
popecruz said:
Even if it only weighs 4100 lbs, doesn't it look like it weighs as much as an h2 hummer? And someone said that it handles good, what are you comparing it to? A pontoon? I love the engine power though. Good post.

According to M/T (I know, we don't use mags but it's all we have) it laped their figure 8 track in the same time the '03 cobra did (26.3 sec). It slalomed faster than the Cobra 67.3 vs. 65.4 and pulled 0.88 g's. That is a very good handling car in anyones book.

I may be a little biased, but DC builds some very sweet rides right now and are no longer the Chrysler and Dodge off old. IMO they basically blow GM/Ford off the road in terms of complete car/truck lineup performance right now. Maybe thats why they aren't losing market share and the other 2 are. They build cars that cause a stir. I'm not trying to start anything, I just feel that the other 2 are building really boring cars/trucks right now.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
bossman429 said:
Damn i didnt even know that car existed. HOLY HELL thats alot of power! Make me feel crappy about my GT....

...what do they go for price wise. At least if its a 60k dollar car i wont feel bad that my mustang is a little faster at about 1/5th the price.

about 40K for the SRT 8

Stripped302

Established Member
TropicTour said:
Meh, Another Hemi put out by Dodge.... Im waiting for the Hemi-Neon myself.
Hey like gts said they have their stuff together,its alot more then ford is doing and I'm a blue fan through and through,but when you see how the market is shifting and what people are doing and your still doing the oppisite you need some help,example ford decides to build 5 new cars,500,Montego,Fusion,Merc version of the fusion,which looks like a VW,and the Linc Zeypher,all with a 4 or 6 and front wheel drive,not really stepping up to the plate and being competitve,same goes for GM,take all that time talking up a storm about a turnaround and they answer with another fwd dts a close to 70k sts-v and the cobalt SS,oh yeah and horsepower+economey=saturn redline comercial,just annoying why they cant get things together and we keep losing market share,Jesus even a hybrib HONDA :fm: has more horse then the top of the line 500(aka new taurus in my opinion)very upsetting for a american car lover and ford loyalist.

TRXboy

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
According to M/T (I know, we don't use mags but it's all we have) it laped their figure 8 track in the same time the '03 cobra did (26.3 sec). It slalomed faster than the Cobra 67.3 vs. 65.4 and pulled 0.88 g's. That is a very good handling car in anyones book.

I may be a little biased, but DC builds some very sweet rides right now and are no longer the Chrysler and Dodge off old. IMO they basically blow GM/Ford off the road in terms of complete car/truck lineup performance right now. Maybe thats why they aren't losing market share and the other 2 are. They build cars that cause a stir. I'm not trying to start anything, I just feel that the other 2 are building really boring cars/trucks right now.

Ehhh....good therory with the MT Figure 8 crap, but if you look the EVO 8 lap's the figure 8 faster then a Ford GT. and an Enzo. Im pretty sure those two cars handle better then an EVO. The fact is the Figure 8 does not do one thing thats very import. Transition, Any car that has the slalom and Skid pad figures that match, and the same Power will practicly do the course the same, dosnt mean much.

Bullitt#3441

Established Member
Booyah said:
Doesn't matter, all that matters is that WHP because that's what you are getting to use.

I think what matters here is that people are suprised by how under-rated the power is on these cars.

It's advertised @ 425 hp and 420 torque.

It's delivering 459 hp

FORMULA: RWHP /.85 = FWHP

That's pretty damn cool!
:banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper:

Reality Check

Established Member
Y2K5SRT said:
Actually, that's about 459 flywheel horsepower exactly.
srt8dchart.jpg

BTW, the 6.1 liter Hemi is rated at 425 HP, so this was a nice surprise...

About 20% exactly? :rolleyes: About or exactly? Could ya make up your mind? 20% is just a ballpark. You have no clue if that is even close to correct. Cadillac CTS-Vs have 20% drivetrain loss through a manual transmission just as an example. This car could be 18%, could be 25% drivetrain loss. Who knows.

Before everyone starts to bust nuts over this thing, I have a few questions.

Nowhere on this graph does it say that it's SAE corrected. Do we even know if those are the corrected horsepower figures? If not, they could be inflated.

Also, how the hell does this car gain 20rwtq from pulls one through five? It looks like someone was playing with the car....i.e. NOT stock.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Reality Check said:
About 20% exactly? :rolleyes: About or exactly? Could ya make up your mind? 20% is just a ballpark. You have no clue if that is even close to correct. Cadillac CTS-Vs have 20% drivetrain loss through a manual transmission just as an example. This car could be 18%, could be 25% drivetrain loss. Who knows.

Before everyone starts to bust nuts over this thing, I have a few questions.

Nowhere on this graph does it say that it's SAE corrected. Do we even know if those are the corrected horsepower figures? If not, they could be inflated.

Also, how the hell does this car gain 20rwtq from pulls one through five? It looks like someone was playing with the car....i.e. NOT stock.

Why is it so hard to believe? The numbers are legit, BONE STOCK. It was done at a Viper dyno days, where many people were present. That car was brand new and the computer is still "learning" which means it will for sure put down better numbers as it breaks in. That could also explain the increase in torque each run.

The '03/'04 Cobra motor isn't the only underated motor out there.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Bullitt#3441 said:
Here's a dyno of another 100% stock SRT8. This one is on a Mustang Dyno

SRT_8_Best_Bone_Stock.sized.jpg

Assuming 20% loss >>>> 358 / .80 = 447.5 Engine HP

How much lower does a mustang dyno read? 10-15%?

Users who are viewing this thread