New 5.0 vs Stock LS1 Camaro

Oman_cobra

Established Member
so a stock LS1 camaro will give bus lengths to the new Camaro SS !! lol

its funny how stupid the camaro guys think...

just keep dreaming about a 2010 camaro beating a 2011 mustang, that is stock for stock

losers !

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
my 02 LS1 with an SLP Lid and Loudmouth made 323RWHP on the stock tune

most full bolt on cars are 320-340RWHP. There are a few here and there that make 350RWHP

LS1 cams are getting crazy too..There are a few cam only cars makig 430-440RWHP with BONE STOCK HEADS.

Those are the numbers I'm used to seeing, mine made just under 400rwhp with a mild cam, full bolt-ons and STOCK heads through a 4:10 gear. But 330rwhp BONE STOCK is crazy. :dw:

mr2cam

Established Member
theres a handful of bolt-on ls1's that make 370-380rwhp and i think the current cam-only record is right around 480rwhp

Why do you guys insist on calling it a "cam only mod" when there are a lot of other things added besides the cam.. Thats like me saying "turbo only" ...

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Why do you guys insist on calling it a "cam only mod" when there are a lot of other things added besides the cam.. Thats like me saying "turbo only" ...

Actually if you are SI and have a turbo + bolt ons that would make sense. :shrug:

Fox guys say H/C/I all the time and I don't see people crying because they don't mention they have a tune on their car or headers.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Actually if you are SI and have a turbo + bolt ons that would make sense. :shrug:

Fox guys say H/C/I all the time and I don't see people crying because they don't mention they have a tune on their car or headers.

I say it too, but it's the "only" part that some people have a gripe about. Especially people who never owned fbodys. They don't know that cam only just means stock heads/motor/displacement. You do have to admit, it is kind of funny and ridiculous when there is a gutted fbody with a built trans/rear-end, geared, drag suspension, nitrous, every bolt-on with slicks and skinnies; when someone asks what's done to his car he will say "cam only"..:p

mr2cam

Established Member
because putting a CAM ONLY in a car is very popular. i.e. not doing a complete heads and cam swap.

Well what I meant was instead of saying "cam only" why not just say bolt ons plus cam..? Or cam/exhaust/lid camaro? I don't expect you to list if it has a tune or not because obviously if it has a cam it has a tune, or the supporting mods.. It just sounds silly when people are like "ya my cam only Camaro put down 400rwhp" when really there is a lot more then just the cam put in..

TVSCobra

Established Member
nuff said:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc4Xb7G1ck"]YouTube- Evolution Performance - First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V To Run 11's![/nomedia]

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
PRICELESS!

I wonder how many members are trying to get the youtube video removed for inappropriate material right now LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread