New 6.2 LT1 engine for the C7

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
I would never name a new GM motor a LT anything..those just bring up the term D**K to me lol...and the old Opti Spark

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
nice motor, but the water pump placement looks retarded.... Every aftermarket H/C/I supplier is probably crying right now....

SFlaCobra

Established Member
Doesnt Ford already have a 5.0 that will do most of the same stuff?

Basically but the LT1 has better torque curve for sure and fuel efficiency to boot. There's still time until the Show and IIRC that the GT500 was supposed to be 650 then later on.....you get the picture. I wouldn't be surprised if it's underrated as well.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm not terribly impressed by what I'm seeing here. I'm sure it'll make well more than 450HP, but I was hoping for a greater leap in technology.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I'm not terribly impressed by what I'm seeing here. I'm sure it'll make well more than 450HP, but I was hoping for a greater leap in technology.

What were you expecting? :shrug: I mean it's a heck of an improvement for a 2-valve pushrod motor. I don't see what else they could have done besides go OHC.

SFlaCobra

Established Member

if this gets better gas than the ls3......where i've seen friends getting 30mpg at times......I can only imagine the improvement it will have. More HP and a nasty torque output. I think it's rather impressive, GM has been doing their homework and atleast they are investing in fuel efficiency and still increasing performance with our tax bailout money. I could never knock that.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Is there a reason why they decided to go back the the LT name vs. the LS name?

Figured if anyone knew it would be you.... :beer:

It shares absolutely nothing in common with the previous engines, so I think it's kinda stupid and tacky, but that's GM for you. They've been doing that for years with the LT and LS engines. The 70 Chevelle 454 had a "LS6" and the 70 vette had a "LT-1"

They should have used a new name.

Users who are viewing this thread