New best ET, and some learning experiances

Sweet35th

Genius/serial killer
Established Member
Well showed up to the track today with 77degree outside temp. Hot off the street I ran a 13.03 @ 104.8mph.

Let some cool down, removed head lamp and parking lamp on drivers side and ran a 12.92 @ just under 106mph (new personal best) Suprizingly the ricer mod was good for a noticable boost increase on the boost gage. Time for a ram air.

Now for the learning experiances...

My next run I had just gotten done checking the air filter. Off the line I felt the truck nose over for a second and then take off. At the top of the track it nosed over again and ran a 13.2 at only 99mph, but was 82.7mph at the 1/8th. I found out that I had accidently left the MAF unplugged... Thinking that was the only issue I lined up for my next run.

THe next run was an elimination round (I run braket points). I got lucky at the guy I was racing red lit. However now with the MAF hooked back up, (and PCM reset). THe truck ran a 13.02 at only 102mph Yet with an 83.8mph 1/8, it fell off hard again at the top of the track.. Come to find out upon looking I was only at 1/8 tank of fuel. The truck was running out of fuel on the top end of track. Note to all. Always run with over 1/4 tank.

Im a lil bummed, Im sure the truck would have gone 12.8s with fuel in the tank.. But live an learn. Finding that even the buget remove the head light ram air was worth nearly .1 and 1mph. ALthough on the down side. I scratched my grill trim putting the headlamp back in...>DOH........Time for some ghost flames.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Ghost flames would be cool....But great times :burnout: What mods are you running Casey?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
There is a DSG looking mustang GT around here with some type of ghost flames...they're kinda purple but suprisingly they look really good.

Users who are viewing this thread