New car for $2500

burnout42

Banned
I can see that doing really well in europe / asia other markets......but Americans love their cars too much to drive in that thing. I wouldn't be caught dead in it. But wouldn't it be cool to drop an '03-'04 Termy engine in it!:rockon:

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Yeah I saw that this morning on GMA or something, that thing looks like a rollerskate, probably has the life span of a bic lighter.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Only 54mpg with a 30 horse motor? And it looks like the ultimate crapbox. I'll take my aging gas sucking fox stang ANY day.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
For $2500 drive it a couple years and buy another one. Repeat. Honestly this is what 95% of the population actually needs.

Exactly.

I'm not going to rush out and buy one of these or the similar SMART Car when it arrives this spring, but I wouldn't mind something sh*tty like this to drive to work every day. I have a 15 mile commute and I hate putting wear & tear on my Cobra every day. Why not get some POS like this that sips gas and is totally disposable? Why would I pay $25K for a car that would do the same thing?

I'll keep my Cobra and my other toys...but a cheap POS daily wouldn't be bad.

aaandht

Established Member
Exactly.

I'm not going to rush out and buy one of these or the similar SMART Car when it arrives this spring, but I wouldn't mind something sh*tty like this to drive to work every day. I have a 15 mile commute and I hate putting wear & tear on my Cobra every day. Why not get some POS like this that sips gas and is totally disposable? Why would I pay $25K for a car that would do the same thing?

I'll keep my Cobra and my other toys...but a cheap POS daily wouldn't be bad.

Why not get a shitbox civic or something similar for that price(or less) and at least not die in a 5mph impact?

tony281sc2

Established Member
I paid 1000 dollars less for my car and its got over 5 times the horsepower. :rockon:

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Just heard this on the radio. I don't know if it will ever pass US emissions and crash test standards...but what the hell.

http://www.tatapeoplescar.com/tatamotors/

54 MPG and 30 horsepower :lol1: But for running to work everyday? Not bad. Gas ain't getting cheaper. :bored:

I heard about it on the news, they said it will not pass emmisons or crash test. It I guess is only being sold in India.

Users who are viewing this thread