New Cobra owner

1stockgt

Established Member
What's up everybody my name is Rob. I live in Newport News, VA and I'm a Firefighter/Medic for Newport News. I just traded my 2003 Redfire GT in on a 2003 Redfire Cobra about a month ago. It had 22,000 miles on it and was never driven in the rain, and is in excellent shape. Since I've had it I put a Borla catback on it, JLT cai, and an MGW short shifter. I have a Magnaflow catted x-pipe on the way and a Kenne Bell BAP that I just won off of Ebay. I'll have to get some pics up soon. Thought I would just say hello to everybody.

1stockgt

Established Member
Only the guy I had to tell to get away from my car when I was buying it at the dealership. They guy wanted to take it for a test drive while I was finishing up the paperwork.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Nice to hear...would love to see some pics,
How do you like the MGW shifter?

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
Congrats on the new Cobra. We have a very similar story, I sold a 04 Redfire GT and bought my current 03 Redfire Cobra in Febuary. Had it for 4 months now and never laid eyes on it.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i also traded in my GT, '03, on a terminator sept. of 06 though. i was set on getting one, quite a difference huh? lol

congrats on the new car and welcome!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on getting your '03 Cobra. Enjoy the heck out of it. I take it you love the color Redfire. :)

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Welcome! You will want to get on the "Taste of Home" and then to the "MACA" forum. Bunch of great guys and there are many near you.

Redfire is sexy!

1stockgt

Established Member
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Nice to see that I'm not the only one that traded in my GT for a Cobra. Alot of people looked at me like why did you do that. I love the color Redfire hence the reason I jumped on this one. There are a couple of other colors I like too, but I really like the Redfire. The only thing I wanted that I didn't get was the chrome rims, but I'll make due with the satin.

As far as the MGW shifter I love it. I had a Steeda Tri-Ax on my GT and this one had a Pro 5.0 when I got it. I loved the Steeda on my GT, but I didn't really like the Pro 5.0. I was reading on this board all the guys say good things about the MGW, so I got one.

As far as the Cobra and the GT go. There is a huge difference in the two. I never realized that there would be as much of a difference. My GT had all your basic bolt ons and cams sitting on a shelf getting ready to go in. Then the next step was a Vortech, but now I have the new project. It's definantly alot faster and it handles much better.

Thanks again everybody for the warm welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread