New enigne pics. (Project Sniper)

NITMARE

Established Member
It should do 4 digit power fairly easily but I'm not about to be one of those guys claiming numbers before she's on the rollers...and 4 digit power will only be on a race tune. If I can get a safe 750-800 street tune I would be thrilled.

And yes this will be a full street car. I did the race car thing for awhile (with this car actually) and while it's a lot of fun I just can't spend that kind of money on something I can't drive all the time. So I am all about crazy high performing street cars now days. I would love to bring it down south to some big events this coming season...or maybe even this winter :coolman:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
It should do 4 digit power fairly easily but I'm not about to be one of those guys claiming numbers before she's on the rollers...and 4 digit power will only be on a race tune. If I can get a safe 750-800 street tune I would be thrilled.

And yes this will be a full street car. I did the race car thing for awhile (with this car actually) and while it's a lot of fun I just can't spend that kind of money on something I can't drive all the time. So I am all about crazy high performing street cars now days. I would love to bring it down south to some big events this coming season...or maybe even this winter :coolman:

Just put in 4 seats for now...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Damn that Project is coming together nicely. Can't wait to see it finished :rockon:

NITMARE

Established Member
Small update. Got the mounts finished up for the radiator. I wanted something clean so there are no brackets or anything, it sits in a lower mount and then I modified the stock upper section so that when it is bolted in there are tabs on the inside that hold it in place. That radiator is substantially bigger then a 5.0 radiator. It's a 2 core aluminum GM Performance Parts unit that is their recommended unit for their 572 crate motor (and the inlets and outlets happened to work out perfectly)...so I hope it can keep a 488 V10 cool. I will be running twin Spal 10" fans on the backside as soon as the I finish up the shroud. The radiator is laid back 15 degrees. This gives it more surface area for the incoming air to make contact with. I want every bit of air coming in the front of the car to be doing something. Either cooling the engine, feeding the brake ducts, cooling the oil cooler, or feeding the engine.

1001983km6.jpg

1001984zd5.jpg

1001988zj2.jpg

1001989ad6.jpg

Last edited:

Snipes

Established Member
That car is just insane.:beer: Great work, you def have some talent.:thumbsup:

NITMARE

Established Member
Ya know to be honest I couldn't tell ya. It's aluminum top to bottom so nothing TOO crazy...but she's a lot heavier then a 302

NITMARE

Established Member
OK, I know it's been a few days but I finally got some progress. I got the caster camber plates made which you can see bolted on. They are a pretty simple yet effective design. I had the "flange pieces" cut out of 1/4" steel with my buddies CNC plasma cutter and then I had the cylinders that the struts go through machined to accept the spherical bushings that the struts bolt to...I had planned to have them powder coated but I liked how they looked so much that I hit them with a scuff pad to put some grain in the steel and shot 'em with some clear coat.

Got the master cylinder bolted in and ALL the hardlines plumbed from front to back. I have the hardlines that come off of the Hydroboost system at a buddies shop getting AN fitting brazed on so I can just use standard AN fittings and braided line to mate the Ford system with the Mopar pump lines.

Also I have the motor bolted in as you can see. Sorry the pics are so shitty but I JUST snapped them quick on my way out so that I would have something to post...I'll take some better ones in the A.M. I at least tried to get a couple so you could see just how tight the clearances are pretty much everywhere.

(P.S. I know the car is filthy, I don't want to hear about it :mad:)

1002025li6.jpg

1002022ra1.jpg

1002028aj8.jpg

1002041ri2.jpg

1002042ee4.jpg

1002062bg7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread