New GT and First Black Car

08mojo

Established Member
I tried to hold out for a 2015, but just could not do it. Combine that with other reasons:

• I tried to be more practical and was driving a golf R (sold my terminator for this...:nonono:)
  • I think there are bigger things for the coyote that did not make it for the 15
  • Ford has a tendency to refine and upgrade a few years after a model launch
  • I really like the s197 platforms
  • killer incentives since the 15 was released
  • you get the idea...

I ended up picking up this 2014 GT just before Christmas last year. It had all the options I wanted: track pack, recaros, nav, rear parking sensors. Only one problem, it was black. I was looking for white, but I am glad I ended up with black. It's a lot of work to keep clean, but it is so rewarding.

I've added a few items: rousch catback (planning on keeping the engine stock for awhile), eibach multi-pro r2 coilovers, bmr suspension goodies, and velgen wheels.

I'm not sure where I want to take the car next. I have a hard time killing the warranty out of the gate, and the car is a daily driver. I'll keep going down the path to make it a nice daily driver, but I know eventually it will be treated to more power. I've still got some tweaking to do to the suspension, but it's close:

2014GTSnow-1_zpsd0822777.jpg

2014GTSnow-6_zps21711df0.jpg

2014GTSnow-17_zps2b2a08b8.jpg

2014GTSnow-24_zps6c4af808.jpg

2014GTSnow-13_zpsc61bb65f.jpg

2014GTSnow-27_zps109b54a2.jpg

2014GTSnow-34_zps56b8d19e.jpg

2014GTSnow-37_zps30a36a74.jpg

2014GTSnow-48_zpsb641220c.jpg

jrandy

Established Member
Black is such a pain in the ass to keep clean, but when it is, it's amazing.....

fred50stang

Established Member
Looks great! The wheels and stance really make it look right.

I've been looking at these on autotrader in the area. Looks like you can get into a 'non-loaded' 5.0 for around $26k. Makes it awfully tempting.

08mojo

Established Member
Thanks! I've strayed away from mustangs a few times, but keep coming back. Here is the last batch my wife and I had:

IMG_2190_1.jpg

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Great looking car. Congrats.

Stance is perfect IMO. Got to lower my car soon.

silverstang23

Established Member
Very sharp. I would keep the engine stock for the warranty. That gives you time to save for a turbo or s/c. Or if money is no issue, slap a turbo on it now

oldmodman

Established Member
Black paint:nonono:

Looks fantastic when absolutely perfect. (like it is now)

Looks like ass with a few swirls and a little dirt.

Impossible to keep spotless and near perfect.

Palmer

Established Member
There's no way I could own a black car I'm too OCD. Your car looks amazing though man. I love those wheels on it.

08mojo

Established Member
that stance looks good man

Im not a fan of 05-14 gt's, but this car just looks awesome. very nice man. Love it

Sharp looking Mustang :)

Looks perfect as is.

Thanks! :rockon: It's 90% where I want the ride height to be.

Very sharp. I would keep the engine stock for the warranty. That gives you time to save for a turbo or s/c. Or if money is no issue, slap a turbo on it now

It will be a few years down the road, but I am definitely leaning towards a twin turbo setup. I've been down the supercharger paths before (centrifugal and roots) and have been around my share of turbo setups. Nothing beats being able to up the power with the simple twist of a knob--or how easily they make power. Still a ways off in the future--money is definitely an issue!:D

Sick! Love the wheels! How did it do in the snow you had!!!

Haha, the car did not see the snow. I got another beater for bad weather. I have been stuck in the house the past couple of days. I literally pulled the car out of the garage, took some pics and put it back inside. Boredom was the reason for the pictures.

Black paint:nonono:

Looks fantastic when absolutely perfect. (like it is now)

Looks like ass with a few swirls and a little dirt.

Impossible to keep spotless and near perfect.

True. I have the best intentions to keep the car looking as good as possible. I'm no stranger to putting the work in to keeping something clean. I've spent a small fortune on car was supplies from detail brushes to polishing kits. For now, keeping it clean is addictive--but I know I won't be as meticulous as time moves forward.

I will say this, my past cars have been silver and white. I could spend all day cleaning, polishing those cars and could hardly tell anything had been done. Black is extremely rewarding, which makes keeping it clean that much better.

There's no way I could own a black car I'm too OCD. Your car looks amazing though man. I love those wheels on it.

It's a lot of work, but when done right nothing compares.

Thanks again for all the compliments! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread